• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Okay to freerange?

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
:wave:

Charlee was spayed last Friday, so a week to the day tomorrow. She has recovered well and the only complications have been that she pulled a couple of stitches out Sunday night and by Monday morning they were all gone! :shock:

The vet decided that there was little point in putting new stitches in and as the internal stitches were holding all I really had to do is monitor her. It is looking pretty good now. Charlee is dying to get out of her cage though, she keeps pulling on the bars (her way of telling me to let her out!). As she has no stitches left, would it be ok to let her out for a play? She would be restricted to one room but it would give her the ability to have a bit of a run. I am just a bit concerned that if I let her out too soon, she will get over-excited, go crazy and open up her tummy.

I would say it's okay, but try to remove anything that she might try to jump on etc so that she doesn't stretch too much.

Back