• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beau won't eat his breakfast :( u/d still not right

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Usually he comes bounding up to me for his breakfast, but he's not even interested in fenugreek crunchies this morning :cry:

Please send *not stasis* vibes!

Last edited:
I don't know if he's pooed overnight as we don't clean him out daily. It probably sounds silly to say I gave him his food at 6:50 and I'm worried that he hasn't eaten it, but I know my Beau, he usually comes bounding up and savages me for it!

I picked him up for a cuddle, and he just sat on my knee and let me stroke him, which he never does, I mean stroking he's fine with but he will usually climb straight off your knee.

He's making a weird noise. I'm not sure where it's coming from, it's his head but not sure if it's teeth or nasal. The thing I would compare it to is if we clicked that bit between our nose and mouth in the nasal cavity, it sounds like that :? I don't know though, it could be a teeth noise. It doesn't sound like grinding, cos it's literally like a click/pop every so often.

hope he starts eating soon hun, fingers crossed here for a little bit of gas only and not the evil stasis :(

oh no ,lots of vibes coming for Beau!!! I had the same myself with Ozzie over the past few days [he's ok now though] and Andrea has had the same with Lola. Wonder if its to do with the weather warming up and moulting??? [Ozzie is a lionhead and I think Lola is too- we had lots of hairy poos when he started getting better]

We are back from the vets, she palpated him, listened to his chest, checked his teeth and tongue and cheeks. She was very thorough, am very impressed. As she couldn't pinpoint anything, she gave him metacam, and gave me some fibreplex to bring home, and said she didn't want to just give him meds for the sake of it (again, very impressed), but if he's not better this afternoon, to take him back for metaclop and I'd only get charged for the meds.

I've bought him all his favourite foods, including plantain, kale and basil. He's had a nibble of some plantain and a nibble of his carrot, so I'm not as worried as I was, but still gonna keep an eye on him.

I also finally got around to getting him a snugglesafe, so that's in his pen with him.

We are back from the vets, she palpated him, listened to his chest, checked his teeth and tongue and cheeks. She was very thorough, am very impressed. As she couldn't pinpoint anything, she gave him metacam, and gave me some fibreplex to bring home, and said she didn't want to just give him meds for the sake of it (again, very impressed), but if he's not better this afternoon, to take him back for metaclop and I'd only get charged for the meds.

I've bought him all his favourite foods, including plantain, kale and basil. He's had a nibble of some plantain and a nibble of his carrot, so I'm not as worried as I was, but still gonna keep an eye on him.

I also finally got around to getting him a snugglesafe, so that's in his pen with him.

I hope that he perks up throughout the day :)

Come on beau, don't be poorly. You got vets booked lib? Maybe his teeth? X

The new vet is a drop in rather than appointments, 9-10 or 3-7. I thought on the face of it that sounded great, but in reality it means waiting around with a load of yappy dogs :? he didn't seem phased by it at all though bless him!

The vet said his teeth are starting to get uneven, so to take him back for another tooth check in 2-3 months. I guess it's back on the expensive hay :roll: less expensive than dentals though I guess!

oh no ,lots of vibes coming for Beau!!! I had the same myself with Ozzie over the past few days [he's ok now though] and Andrea has had the same with Lola. Wonder if its to do with the weather warming up and moulting??? [Ozzie is a lionhead and I think Lola is too- we had lots of hairy poos when he started getting better]

Yes he's moulting like crazy at the mo, you cuddle him and end up with more hair on you than there is on him!!

think i'll join the worry - eric hasn't had much to eat today and he's just sitting behind the futon, stamping occasionally:? i did share my banana with him which he happily wolfed down but his pellets and most of his greens remain untouched:roll:

glad you have a vet you feel happier with:)

Back