• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on my bunny

Jaspers mum

Young Bun
My rabbit had his first appt. with the vet today for a once over.

He had his teeth cut, with a dremel tool...Doctor said he has abnormally grown top teeth, from neglect :( It will be a long term problem now, but easily managed by regular check ups.

I also learned what he is! the vet said he looks like a black otter netherland. I looked it up, and I found bunnies that looked exactly like him.

His personality is really changing too! He travels all over the house now, not just scared running, but really investigating. A few days ago he jumped up on the couch and sniffed my cousin who lives with me. Today, he jumped up on the couch put his 2 front paws on my arm and stretched up to my face to sniff my nose....Not sure what that means in bunny, but Im taking it as progress.

He is also starting to do a few binkies around us, and Ive seen a few flops as well. No teeth grinding yet, although he does stand straight up in his enclosure when he sees anyone in our family come close.

We are still having some issues with people outside of the family though...He can be quite aggressive with guests, even nipping their feet and grunting at them, hopefully the neuter will help with this?

Anyhow....Sorry for the long post....My friends dont really understand why I get so excited by his progress, lol

He sounds like a lovely little bun who is making good progress with you.
Its great that after being neglected he is with someone who will do their best for him.
Neutering may certainly help reduce the territorial behaviour he is showing to guests.
He looks like such a cutie too. :)

The neutering should calm him down quite a lot over the next few months.

You will need to keep a close eye on those incisors and have them trimmed before they get too long. They can press into the opposing gum and cause ulcers if left unattended.

Good luck and enjoy him.:)

Back