• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Trays which is best

briony_y

Young Bun
My rabbits will be with me soon (about 3 weeks I think) I have everything I need now but was wondering about litter trays.

I have both corner ones and square ones which I have used in the past with my guineas which is best? I have two of each so I can provide one per rabbit just wondering whether they manage ok with corner ones or whether square would be best. As I have a double hutch I am putting one on each level probably below their hay racks!

i found that my lad managed to constantly wee over the sides of the corner ones and he's only a nethie:? mind you, he still manages to wee over the sides of his big, deep one too:roll:

yes i know about that. i alway remember when I was trying to train my guineas. I was very proud of my boy tiger who went to the litter tray specially to wee but then he stuck his bum out and wee'd completely over the edge :))

I gave up shortly after that and they now just wee everywhere and don't have trays!

yes i know about that. i alway remember when I was trying to train my guineas. I was very proud of my boy tiger who went to the litter tray specially to wee but then he stuck his bum out and wee'd completely over the edge :))

I gave up shortly after that and they now just wee everywhere and don't have trays!

snap! my piggy pairs have a tray but its an extra hay/wee/sleep place:lol:

I think its up to taste, i found deep corner sides would were preferable, i have two of these:
http://www.pet-dog-cat-supply-store.com/shop/shop_image/product/bd17bbed38061c17540fe1fe55c07ab8.jpg

it has a high curved sides and the actual bottom area is curved so they sit in it perfectly (pinky when she was younger used to lay in it too before she knew what it was :lol:

I saw in P@H they have some bigger ones for the bigger bunny.

I also had one of these:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/litter-tray-by-value-26661

but the one i have has a lip lid ontop, which is great as it keeps the chippings in which they end up kicking out and all the edges are curved enough that little teeth cant get any grip and chew :lol:

I think its up to taste, i found deep corner sides would were preferable, i have two of these:
http://www.pet-dog-cat-supply-store.com/shop/shop_image/product/bd17bbed38061c17540fe1fe55c07ab8.jpg

it has a high curved sides and the actual bottom area is curved so they sit in it perfectly (pinky when she was younger used to lay in it too before she knew what it was :lol:

I saw in P@H they have some bigger ones for the bigger bunny.

I also had one of these:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/litter-tray-by-value-26661

but the one i have has a lip lid ontop, which is great as it keeps the chippings in which they end up kicking out and all the edges are curved enough that little teeth cant get any grip and chew :lol:
Sorry this is not about litter trays (btw mine use the great big corner ones with success!) I just wanted to say - Womble - cool name for a rabbit!!

My two have an undebed storage box as their litter tray, but they also have a corner one in another corner of the shed as they seem to go there too

Thanx everyone think I will just try what I have first as that means if they work I don't need to spend more money. I'll give both kinds a go and then see what happens, maybe I will leave them without a litter tray for a couple of days then see where they like to go and put them there!

My two have an undebed storage box as their litter tray, but they also have a corner one in another corner of the shed as they seem to go there too

We have underbed boxes too. They work really well. I was dubious about them to begin with because I thought they would struggle to get in and out but they don't.

I needed specific sizes for mine to fit dog crate and enclosure so took a bit of hunting but in the end I found both of ours in Homebase. We're going to get some more so that I can fill up one box, take it upstairs, replace old box, bring down old box, put on lid, take over allotment. No faffing with bags.

Back