• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for Rescues Re Homechecks

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
If you have someone else do a homecheck for you do you ask them to take pics of the set-up aswell ?
Or is that too intrusive on the prospective adopter ?

nope not at all, if its been made clear how you want things to be they should under stand and find it no prob, as long as its just the area the animals are going to live, some might object to there bedrooms getting pictured :lol:

Hi Jane as you know im not a rescue but I do homecheck for rspca, we dont take pics but obviously I go to inspect the accomodation in person and have a chat with the prospective owners and ask/ answer any questions

I have done homechecks for rescues on here before who have asked the adopter for pics and I sent pics when I adopted Dutchie :love:

When I have homechecked for BARC - Angie has often already had pics emailed, & then I go & just confirm it:D

I sent photos to both Liz and Kris before homechecking.
Mostly as there is no point sending someone to homecheck if the set up isn't initially pretty much up to scratch.
I requested the same of Beas mummy before I went to homecheck for her.
I would be happy to provide photos as well as homechecking regardless of the animal I was looking at adopting.
Does that make sence?

Ive done a few homechecks for various rescues, some ask me to take pics, others just ask for measurements of accommodation etc :) xXx

We only have a few people we trust do homoechecks so no we don't ask for pics, some people do send them willingly before hand though, if you need any help Jane just let us know :)

Back