• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do? U/D P7

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
OKay....picking Petal up soon after her spay. She and Frank free range in the room. Frank has no front teeth after having to have them removed, so he can't bother her wound.

The thing is, the two of them go mad together and I don't want her to cause any issues for herself. She humps Frank like a good 'un!!

Shall I pen the two of them in to keep them quiet, or should I pen Petal in and keep the two of them separate for a couple of days?

Last edited:
I would keep them both together, if possible, but perhaps let Frank out for a run around for a few hours to let off steam. Unless she is still humping :oops: in which case it might be safer for her to be caged on her own, with Frank outside where they can still see each other.

I would leave them together, but keep them in the cage, and watch them. She may not feel like humping her boy for a few days. They can have a run around for a bit, if she feels like it, but maybe in a smaller area than usual.

I've penned Petal in, but Frank can come to the bars. Just want to make sure she's pooing and eating okay before I put them back together. She doesn't look overly impressed with me!! :roll:

Yeah, I think you've done the right thing by letting them see each other but not interact just yet. I doubt Petal will want to hump atm, but Frank might bother her while she's still feeling a bit groggy from the GA.

Yeah, I think you've done the right thing by letting them see each other but not interact just yet. I doubt Petal will want to hump atm, but Frank might bother her while she's still feeling a bit groggy from the GA.

Yeah.....got to take her back on Friday evening for a check up x

Petal was very depressed being separated from Frank, then he BROKE IN to the pen at 5.30am this morning!!!! He climbed things to be able to jump over!!

I've just let them free range to see if it brightens Petal up. She hasn't eaten much and is dis-interested in everything.

Rabbits hey!! You try and do the right thing for them but they always think they know better!! :lol: Having Frank around should do the trick, worked with my Bubbles after her surgery and she went on hunger strike.

Back