• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Loosing the will to live....

Been waiting in 2 days for a vet to find the time to ring me with blood test results that I know are in and on her record. If I find out she is suffering and needs treatment or pts and has had to wait all this time I shall be livid :cry:

:(:( Which bunny?

I feel so frustrated for you; as you know there was a slight lack of communication when Alfie hurt his leg but I'm hoping that's a one-off - to be constantly treated how your vet treats you is just not acceptable. You spend a huge amount of money with them and they probably know that you won't go elsewhere because of the convenience of them being so local. :evil:

Tbh, even if the blood tests show no abnormalities, they should still ring asap - preferably the day they get the results in just to put your mind at rest.

Have you written a letter of complaint? I would seriously start making a diary of all their inadequacies & take it further, although I know you have lots more important things you could be doing with your time.

Summer, our 9 year old. The metacam didn't help her and she looks in so much pain :( I have had her since she was 6 weeks old and am worried sick :cry:

I have rung twice and Steve has rung and they make us feel like we are being a pain for asking. Then Steve went in at midday and made it clear that he wasn;t happy and walked out. He must be :censored: off as it isn't like him to complain

:(:(:( Poor girl. I hope you get some answers soon. Do they have any idea what could be wrong?

:(:(:( Poor girl. I hope you get some answers soon. Do they have any idea what could be wrong?

No idea, we all thought it was bad arthritis but just over 2 weeks of metacam at a high dose hasn't made her any more comfortable. There doesn't seem to be any other symptoms so it is a mystery :?

That's disgraceful. :evil: How long does it take for a quick phone call to let you know the results?

Being too busy is no excuse when an animal's health is at stake, especially if she is in pain. :( Plus there's all the worry and stress it's causing you with not knowing what's wrong.

No idea, we all thought it was bad arthritis but just over 2 weeks of metacam at a high dose hasn't made her any more comfortable. There doesn't seem to be any other symptoms so it is a mystery :?

:(:(

So even more important then, really, that the vet lets you know if the blood tests have thrown any light on it. It's beyond belief, honestly. :( And you shouldn't be made to feel like you're being a pain for pestering them.

Oh Liz, that's awful. You are a customer and a darn good one at that, it doesn't take that long for someone to ring you!

Just not on.Make it known youre peed off.
Unless the results are NOT urgent.........:? and Bun doesnt need urgent treatment, but if she does, I would seriously let rip!!:evil:

Poor Summer. :cry: You must be soo worried.
I try not to say anything against your vet cos I know how its near on impossible for you to get the bunnies elsewhere being unable to drive etc and them just being at the end of the road but it makes me sooo cross the way they treat you when you pay them so much money for the treatment of your buns :evil:
I really hope you hear from them soon and you get some useful news. Sending lots of vibes for Summer xxx

Sorry they are messing you about Liz. I wish it was easier to find good bunny vets. I am moving mine after fiasco I had at my vets last week.

Back