• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccinations

Hessen

Banned
Just making sure all bases are covered.

What Vacs do I need, how often should I get them done, how long do the vacs last and when should I get them done for two indoor buns?

Have read conflicting info online compared to what vet has said.

all rabbits in the uk(think thats where you are based) should have vhd vaccination 1x a year and myxo injections 2x a year. vaccs should be given a minimum of 2 weeks apart and always after makeing sure the buns are healthy first. you can also do a one off pannacur for worms and ec prevention and can do rear gaurd in the summer to prevent flystrike hope this helps x

Myxi every 6 months, VHD annually. Indoor buns still need to be protected as they can still catch both.

You'll need Myxomatosis every six months and VHD (Lapinject is the preferred vaccine - not Cylap) once a year. You should leave a gap of at least two weeks between bunnies having their Myxi and VHD jabs.

Also with Myxi, make sure 10% of the vaccine is injected into the skin.

Agree with all that's already been said. :)

Just to add that some vets are still only recommending myxi once every 12 mths in some areas, so that maybe why you have conflicting info. :?

Same as above VHD annually & myxi twice a year.

To add - my vets recommends one of the myxi injections to be done in early spring. Not sure if this makes a diff though.

Yeah vet was saying to only have myxi once a year at the start of spring

Just thought I'd get it double checked with the real experts :)

Yeah vet was saying to only have myxi once a year at the start of spring

Just thought I'd get it double checked with the real experts :)

That's what I always did until my vacs buns (vacs April) got myxi in Jun & Sept - 2 out of 3 died - the third had it for 6mths & then made a full recovery

Back