• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Daisy didn't make it :-(

clairekaitlin

Warren Scout
I took Daisy to the vets as the abbsess had filled up very fast, and I had to make the awful decision to let her go:cry:
she seemed to understand, she had lost all her fight and stopped eating:cry: I just cannot believe I had to do it and I couldn't be there when she went either as she was too small to have the injection so had to be gassed then injected:cry:
worse thing is we couldn't even have her ashes back as it was just £117 we didn't have:cry:
I've been ok up until today, it was my birthday the day after we lost her and I ended up in hospital that night and am now ill at home and I think its all just hit me:cry:
I think having A good cry will help.
However her sister Snuggs is now acting very strangely:( she screamed at my partner for no reason and is very angry at everyone, she is throwing stuff around and biting lots, I just can't cope:cry:

sorry for the long post I just knew you lot would understand xx
Claire xx

:cry:So sorry Daisy didn,t make it.
Snuggs i am sure will settle down in a few days.
Big hugs to you x

OMG I am so heartbroken for you :cry::cry::cry:

At least you gave it your very best, I am so so sorry that it came back :cry:

Binky free little Daisy and hugs to you, I hope you are feeling a little better soon xx

Awww I would imagine that the sister is grieving aswell, she doesn't know where her sibling has gone, really sorry to hear your news, hope you feel better in time x

Really so sorry to hear about Daisy.
Massive (((hugs))) for you and little Snuggs.

I think she just doesnt understand where her sister has gone. We all need time to get used to changes and grieve, this goes for buns too. :(

Binky free little Daisy. x

I'm so sorry. I remember when our rabbit Harry died, we got his body and burried it. Could you get her body and show her sister? So she can understand what happened?

Back