• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FHB has my babies

Jenefina

Mama Doe
I took Pye for his referral today and she spotted an abnormality on his xray :cry: She'd seen it on his original one and took another when we got there and it was still there. Just a tiny little white mark. She said she thinks it may be what's been making him ill so she's taken him in to operate tomorrow.

I feel sick with worry and I just don't know whether I've done the right thing. All that keeps going through my mind is what if today was the last time I see my baby boy. I keep looking for them both and expecting them to come bounding through demanding to know why they haven't had their 9pm biscuit. I don't think I can last till thursday :cry:

'Auntie Frances' will take good care of them. There's nobody I'd rather hand my bunnies over to when I have to :love:

Sending vibes that she doesn't find anything too nasty and everything goes well.

I feel sick with worry and I just don't know whether I've done the right thing.

Of course you have. Although I felt the same last Easter when Artie was there... but you've given him the best he can have.

Last edited:
Stay strong hun. I've no had experience with this lady but everyone says she's probably the best bunny vet around. Thinking of you and your babies xx

Awww big hugs to you, I can only imagine how you feel :cry: No doubt at all that you have done the right thing. Hope it all goes well and your babies are home soon x

Oh hun I do hope everything goes ok for him, i'll keep everything crossed for you! *hugs*

oh hun i have everything crossed the operation is a success and that you and Pye NEVER suffer stasis again.

loads and loads of vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just phoned and spoke to the receptionist at FHB's. He's second on her list so it should be this morning he has his op.

If anyone can spare some vibes for my baby boy I'd really appreciate it. I'm so scared, i can't stop crying. I keep thinking I should clean everything but i can't bring myself to hoover up his hair and all their mess. My bunnies are my world and I can't cope with this. I just want to be with my my little squidgy man and grumpy face.

ive been vibing for him all morning. my stomach is i knots for you. im sure this is the break he needs tho hun, you have 110% done the right thing xxxx

I know exactly how you feel - Artie had to have an op on Good Friday last year, it was an emergency though so I didn't get time to make any decisions, I took him in poorly and next thing I know he's having a cystotomy :shock: My bunnies are my world also but Artie especially. I was completely lost without him the week he was away.

I was stressed ringing every day to find out how he was, getting a brief message and then having to get through 24 hours before I could ring again, it was torture. But my baby was really well recovered when I finally got him back. Don't be alarmed if they keep him for a few days, they ALWAYS make sure a bunny is doing well before they goes home, torture for us but they do look after them really well. He really is in the very best hands.

Sending loads of vibes.

FHB just called

The abnormality was a small calcified lump stuck to the wall of his caecum... she said if someone had handed it to her and asked what it was she would have gone with kidney stone?? but his kidneys looked ok.

She's checked his guts as far as she can without causing further upset and she can't find a kink or adhesions.

She did say that his pancreas looked slightly inflamed so it could be pancreatitis but this would be treated medically and not with an further op, possibly with something like zantac.

One thing she did say is that he has too much fat :oops: so even tho his treats are from the naturals range, bar his hartz biscuits, they are probably higher in fat than they claim, I should switch to more hay and things like dandelions and grass. God is he gonna hate me for that, he is a food obsessed bun.....

She said too concentrate on the positive that she hadn't found anything other than this calcified lump and that maybe the removal of this could stop it all but if not she had a plan B. She also told me not to go searching the internet for fatty liver or pancreatic anything... now this is killing me but the bunny god has spoken.

She's keeping him for definite tonight whch I already knew, just to make sure his guts settle back in and obv she can treat pain and monitor food/poops but she's gonna see hos everything goes and let me know if I can get them both back tomo.

I feel sick and can't stop shaking but he's made it thru the op and is starting to come round. I just need him to eat and poop and get his insides to settle.

God I love Pyeman, please please please let him be ok and let him come home tomo so he can sulk and hate me and destroy everything I own in revenge. He bite and scratch me and have all my money, i don't care, I'll give them the house and camp outside with a bit of newspaper, just let him be ok

:D:D:D:D:D:D its really good news then :D:D:D

i suggest as a treat bramble leaves.. im trying to help judy with the revolution but Alvin is thriving and he has no idea ive took away all the bad stuff ;)

im so so so so glad Pye dont have anything nasty, sending quick healing vibes for your little man xxxx

:aaww glad he came through the op ok
My lot dont get any specific treats as such but i do buy them dried herbs such as plantain, dandelion etc which they love! :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D its really good news then :D:D:D

i suggest as a treat bramble leaves.. im trying to help judy with the revolution but Alvin is thriving and he has no idea ive took away all the bad stuff ;)

im so so so so glad Pye dont have anything nasty, sending quick healing vibes for your little man xxxx

I just spoke to the receptionist and he's gone and eaten some grass :love: they've syringe fed as well but it would seem like my squidgy bum is fighting back :D I can phone back at 11 tomo to see how he doing and hopefully, everything crossed, they can come home! so gut settling, eating and pooping vibes galore....

I just hope this weird lump she's taken out was causing the problems and I don't have to medicate. Spoke to my vet and he said if his pancreas is inflamed then he'll def need a low fat diet so no more biscuits :shock: they both gonna probs hate me but I'll do anything if it means they stay well.

So bramble leaves... will google them and see where I can get some, he's so fussy I think I need to stock up on a few natural treats! altho saying that he was so disgusted by dill and parsley and now he near snatches them out of your hand!

Have you heard anymore about Alvin? Seen the video of Pearl, she's so amazing!

I'm so glad Pye has come through his op ok :D:D:D

Sending millions of recovery vibes to your little man.

Fresh bramble leaves are a great idea if you can find some for him :D

Have you heard anymore about Alvin? Seen the video of Pearl, she's so amazing!

Alvi pants is going in on saturday to have more blood taken so they can test for EC other than that hes clear bloodwise.. im actually starting to hope its diet related and with a strict diet stasis will hopefully be a distant memory.

if it comes back while im monitoring his diet (with a diary :oops:) then i guess it will be the xray route, that is assuming he is EC clear. vet said as its a special test it could take a week or more to get results...

ive just fallen even deeper into love with pearl, hand feeding pellets is beautiful, cant beleive ive never tried it before.

fingers crossed Pye comes home tomorrow and his stasis is a distant memory xxx

Back