• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Make Mine Chocolate! - Pets at Home Statement

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
A brief statement from Make Mine Chocolate! about the current status of the Pets at Home Easter offer.

"The Make Mine Chocolate! campaign is delighted to report that Pets at Home have confirmed they have amended their Easter rabbit promotion. The planned promotion, if it had gone ahead, would have significantly increased the risk of impulse purchasing of rabbits at a time when rescues are already overflowing with unwanted animals."

RWA has also give a statement about the current status of the offer.

""thank you to the members who made us aware of
pets at home planned Easter promotion we have shared our concerns with
them and are pleased that they have revised their offer and a rabbit
will not be included in a starter pack deal this easter"

Helen

Whilst I think it is good they have removed the rabbit from the offer, I also wish they would remove all rabbits from their stores at Easter, as there is nothing stopping someone purchasing one in addition to the offer and it still landing up in totally unsuitable accomodation :(

Whilst I think it is good they have removed the rabbit from the offer, I also wish they would remove all rabbits from their stores at Easter, as there is nothing stopping someone purchasing one in addition to the offer and it still landing up in totally unsuitable accomodation :(

I agree, except maybe advertising rescue buns instead. Some people who really do want rabbits, and know what they're doing, might want to get them at Easter because they have time off work, and the children will be at home - not every bun bought at Easter is an impulse buy. It would also make some space in rescues for post-Easter buns (from breeders or other pet shops) if they were to be adopted via P@H.

I'm still disappointed with the outcome of our little campaign, but it would have been worse if the original deal had gone ahead. Thanks everyone who did their bit!! :wave:

Last edited:
Back