• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outside bunnies to Inside bunnies...

jane28

Alpha Buck
I thought i would call upon you knowledgable people and ask if anyone here got any information on bringing outside bunnies indoors permanently? :D

After a bit of worry I have got my babies back and currently have my two outside and they have always been outside.
Previous to me moving back to manchester they were allowed to come inside when they were free range in the garden. Bandit relished this and spent more time indoors than out but Smokey wasnt as adventurous and stayed outside, although i think she will take to indoor life ok if actually placed in the situation.
Im currently in a house with a garden but will be moving to a city centre flat in 3 months and obviously wont have outdoor space.

So... In order for me to prepare what i need for indoor living can anyone give me any tips on what i will need and what to look out for? Any pictures of set ups for small spaces for 2 rabbits would be helpful!

As its an open plan living space im thinking a small dog pen (the no roof type) for when i am at work or out of the flat and free range when im at home. They take to litter trays fine although will destory if they dont have enough space :roll: and will only pee or poo on hay (they do leave dry poo pellets occasionally around the place) The flooring is laminate as well so easy clean.
Also if there is anyone who lives in manchester, do you where can you get "proper" hay delivered and not the stuff from pets at home which i refuse to use and any good vets in the city? (no car so cant travel far)... :D

I thought i would call upon you knowledgable people and ask if anyone here got any information on bringing outside bunnies indoors permanently? :D

After a bit of worry I have got my babies back and currently have my two outside and they have always been outside.
Previous to me moving back to manchester they were allowed to come inside when they were free range in the garden. Bandit relished this and spent more time indoors than out but Smokey wasnt as adventurous and stayed outside, although i think she will take to indoor life ok if actually placed in the situation.
Im currently in a house with a garden but will be moving to a city centre flat in 3 months and obviously wont have outdoor space.

So... In order for me to prepare what i need for indoor living can anyone give me any tips on what i will need and what to look out for? Any pictures of set ups for small spaces for 2 rabbits would be helpful!

As its an open plan living space im thinking a small dog pen (the no roof type) for when i am at work or out of the flat and free range when im at home. They take to litter trays fine although will destory if they dont have enough space :roll: and will only pee or poo on hay (they do leave dry poo pellets occasionally around the place) The flooring is laminate as well so easy clean.
Also if there is anyone who lives in manchester, do you where can you get "proper" hay delivered and not the stuff from pets at home which i refuse to use and any good vets in the city? (no car so cant travel far)... :D

its cute to watch bunnies getting used to laminate...... good luck with that..

Earl wouldnt leave the matt in the living room- it was like his 'island'

bless him

For Charlies new housing I'm getting him a 6 foot x 2 foot dogpen off ebay so he can just have a corner of my room to himself :)

my lot used to have a dog crate with a play pen attached.. only problem with no roof is that one of mine jumped out a few times so i ended up putting a sheet over the top when i wasnt in! little monkeys!!
Probably be worth getting a few cheap runners/mats to put around cos it does take them a while to get used to slippery flooring too.
Good luck.. i've always loved having mine indoors :D

its cute to watch bunnies getting used to laminate...... good luck with that..

Earl wouldnt leave the matt in the living room- it was like his 'island'

bless him

Im hoping them getting used to the laminate will stop them getting up to mischief too quickly :D But seriously i will be getting runners and a rug for them.

Steph the pen so they can have a corner is what i am aiming for :). I want it to be big enough because im working 8hours a day. Can i ask is it a rectangular pen or one of those round pens? Im looking for rectangular (will fit better) but they are difficult to find...

Back