• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two new bunnies......... dont shout - U/D Named- post 36

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
..........I went into my local garden centre today with my sister, for a browse... but as you can tell by the title that did not happen..........

They had a few rabbits in, one pen had two beautiful girls, dwarf lop cross's one completely black and one completely white. They followed each other around everywhere and were dying to be stroked.

I spoke to the staff and she said that last easter, they sold 100 rabbits PER DAY to children over easter- just that store alone.

I couldnt imagine some child getting their grubby little hands on one and splitting the pair up to leave them rot in a 2ft hutch in the bottom of the garden.

I had to do it, im probably hated.... I bought the biggest hutch and run the shop sold. My poor sister had our shopping trip hijacked by bunnies......

Sorry folkes... not as strong as I thought obviously. But if you can forgive me- I need name ideas.

Thanks

Jemma

Last edited:
Aww why would anyone shout they deserve a home just as much as any bunny i no rescues are packed out but a least they are beng looked after

I know exactly what it's like. i went to a garden centre today and got taken in by two cute little netherland dwarfs. the only thing stopping me getting them is i don't have the money and i don't have the space. if i had the money and space, they would have been bought. :oops:

I know exactly what it's like. i went to a garden centre today and got taken in by two cute little netherland dwarfs. the only thing stopping me getting them is i don't have the money and i don't have the space. if i had the money and space, they would have been bought. :oops:

yeah £400 went on the credit card..... eek

I agree as long as they are being looked after as they need a good home too. Do you have any pics so we can help with names? :D

Well I won't tell you off (I've done the same in the past) but I will demand pictures!!!

yeah got a couple but not good as they are a bit scared.........didnt help my elderley neighbour grabbing them out the box when they were scared to death!

not attached the run yet- gonna leave them to settle in the hutch today..... let them get their bearings- then going out to buy a litter tray etc tomorrow- the one i got today is 2 big for the hutch.....

Its the 3 tier lazy bones one...... not great size but will do them for 6 months or so then will wither try bonding them with Theo and Cleo as a 4- or getting them another hutch made up!

Aw. Well done you for giving two bunnies a good home I say :) Frankly speaking they could have ended up in a rescue had you not taken them on,or someplace a lot worse. I'm dying to see some pictures but perhaps you ought to wait until they've settled in a little bit more,bless them :love:

are they girly buns ? how about eboni for the little black bun and bianca for your little white bun ? bianca or bianco is italian for white.
congratulations on your new wickle wabbits :D:wave::love:

Took these on my phonw when they just moved in! its a first glimpse. Bless they keep hiding when i go out to them....

I am thinking at the moment........

Satin and Jasmine

or

Ebony and Ivory

Ideas...........

Photo102.jpg

Photo101.jpg

What is theeessseee ? A poo stucked in my hair . eewwwwwwwww

Photo100.jpg

Photo099.jpg

cool, I think 12-14 is for boys isnt it...

I hope the 4 of them go together in the long run- but if not think we will be ok!!!

Back