• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two pairs of rabbits living separately

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hiya

What's it like to have two pairs of rabbits living separately? If I'm allowed, I want another pair of rabbits in the future. I know it's obviously double the cost of everything, but what is it like day to day? As I have two females now, would I need to get another two females, so that they couldn't smell a male? Is it really double the work, or is it even more work to have two pairs?

I've always had at least 2 pairs. I currently have 2 pairs and a single boy. I haven't really noticed any extra 'work'. I enjoy cleaning out and spending time with my bunnies so I haven't noticed any extra work... The more time I spend with mine the better :D
Helen xx

I'd recommend a male/female pair...although if they aren't going to be bonded with your other pair it doesn't really matter that much.

Work wise...it depends on the invidual rabbits and whether they have special needs. If you get non-rexes, you'll probably find they are less work than your girls.

I'd recommend a male/female pair...although if they aren't going to be bonded with your other pair it doesn't really matter that much.

Work wise...it depends on the invidual rabbits and whether they have special needs. If you get non-rexes, you'll probably find they are less work than your girls.

yes, i'm definitely getting non-rexes. it'll probably be less work as I won't have to put hay in their run so only need to sweep the poos, rather than spend 15 minutes picking through the hay for them, and i probably won't have to clean their bedroom every day if i can get them litter trained (milly and molly never got litter trained :oops:).

Back