PDA

View Full Version : How often..

Grin
23-03-2010, 12:50 PM
.....do you feed your bunnies?

My aunty said her friend feeds hers every other day.

My rabbit gets fed a fresh bowl every morning, has access to dried food throughout the day but eats mainly hay. He has access to food and water 24/7. He's not greedy and i dont often have to top his dish up. He's not fussy about what he eats in the bunny mix food - he eats it all. Including a side serving of carpet, wall paper, skirting boards, books and magazines - well - whatever he thinks is 'fair game'. :lol:

He's not overweight although he has grown since we had him (he was only 4 months old and we've had him 2 months). But am i feeding him too much?

Before he came to us he only had rabbit mix you buy from wilko's and never had anything fresh. Not sure about hay though.

Mackers
23-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Hay unlimited but other than that, twice a day. Fresh veg for breakfast then another bowl of fresh veg for tea (plus four pellets each :shock: - they're on a diet).

Grin
23-03-2010, 01:03 PM
I've given him 2 bowls of veg some days (smaller bowls). Usually when i run out of his fave veg and nip out in the day to get more. He quite likes it. I may start doing smaller bowls for him and given them more often.

I thought i was doing something wrong.

Sometimes when he eats he gets hiccup type movements - is this 'bunny wind'? It was after spinach (he doesnt have it often btw).

Loosy
23-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Twice a day and hay all the time.
They have veg in the morning and pellets at night. Pipkin also has a few extra pellets in the afternoon at the moment to keep his weight on.

Kermit
23-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Sometimes when he eats he gets hiccup type movements - is this 'bunny wind'? It was after spinach (he doesnt have it often btw).

Is it like his side moving at his back end? If it is then it means he LOVES the food :)

KarenM
23-03-2010, 01:13 PM
plus four pellets each :shock: - they're on a diet).

I bet you're popular. :lol::lol::lol:

Alfie and Bubbles have an eggcupful of pellets in the morning and the same again in the evening, plus some veggies mid afternoon. Apart from that, it's hay all day. :D:D

jessica*rabbit
23-03-2010, 01:17 PM
mine get a bowl of pellets in the morning, and maybe a bit of banana, carrot, or cabbage. i top there hay up constantly and they get whateva suitable veg we are having for dinner. OH stupidly gave them cooked carrot after a roast last week, they were most disgusted. stupid boy.

donnamt
23-03-2010, 01:19 PM
my pairs NEW feeding routine.

hay - morning before work, top up at 6pm when i get home, top up at 11pm when i go to bed.

veg - less than 200g shared for breakfast

pellets - 20-25g shared of an evening. split into two. 6pm & 11pm

bramble leaves - every time i see the bunnies i give a small handfull to check Alvin is eating, so more of a weekend than in the week

fruit - Alvin non :cry: except when i need to get drugs into him and he then gets a tiny bit of mushed banana on a spoon. pearl gets a share too.
Pearl gets a tiny slice of apple daily with her bisolvn on at 6.30am (Alvin gets a fengichuk crunchy instead)
they both then get a fengi crunchy each to say sorry for the drugs.

this has been the diet for the last 3 weeks. the old one was lots of veg 2x daily :oops: fruit daily :oops: pellets when ever i saw them to check Alvin was still eating :oops:

sacol4940
23-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Is it like his side moving at his back end? If it is then it means he LOVES the food :)

The banana bum wiggle! :D

drpengie
23-03-2010, 01:26 PM
veg & pellets twice a day and constant hay!

Twinsen_Patrick
23-03-2010, 01:38 PM

Haha! Im yet to see this wiggle!

Grin
23-03-2010, 01:47 PM

Oh yes! But he gets it when he has spinach and i read you shouldnt feed them this often but he goes loopy for it! I thought he was having little burps or something. :lol:

He really doesnt like fruit but i try him with a little bit every other day just in case.

Angie65
23-03-2010, 02:27 PM
morning - hay & veg
after work - hay
bedtime - hay & pellets

If I have something left over from my tea, they might get a bit of bedtime veg, but not that often & never a lot:D

Bunnykids
23-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Morning=a few pellets and hay
Lunch time=more hay
Tea time=veg and hay
Bedtime=more hay.:love:

Hessen
23-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Kentucky Fried Cardboard in the morning, Crispy Chilli Carpet in the afternoon
and Sofa Hut in the evening.

weeble
23-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Breakfast - large carrier bag of hay for outsideys (4 med buns) a spring green leaf each, handfull of readigrass
Tea - more hay two handfulls of pellets between the four of them
Supper - large carrier bag of hay handfull of readigrass

Amy104
23-03-2010, 04:19 PM
morning - hay & veg
after work - hay
bedtime - hay & pellets

Same here.

steph182
23-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Charlie doesn't eat much fruit/veg... The only things he'll eat are brocolli and carrot and I don't want him eating only that, so he has hay all day and pellets and some dried veg stuff on a night, just to make sure hes getting SOME form of greens :roll:

*lily*
23-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Pellets and herbs/watercress/spinach morning and evening plus 2 Blueberries and 2 grapes.

jane28
23-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Veg in morning, a handful of pellets each for dinner, hay available all day...:)

Mine will only eat brocolli, cabbage, cauliflower leaves and carrot and apple and they are fine eating that each day. They only get apple every other day and thats a quarter each...

areia
23-03-2010, 06:02 PM
once a day pellet, unlimited hay and veg 2, 3 times a week

K1nS
23-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Smudge gets fresh pellets in a morning then a bowl of fresh veg in the evening, along with hay throughout the day :)

Fran
23-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Twice a day, veg in the morning and pellets in the evening

mini lop1
23-03-2010, 08:10 PM
pellets morning, veggies evening, hay unlimited

Rachel89
23-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Unlimited hay

5 pellets each in the morning and some mint.

Lunch time they get some cabbage

and in evening small handful of pellets and a dish full of veg to share between them.

Radish
23-03-2010, 08:28 PM
My rabbits get unlimited hay..green veg everyday..but they never have pellets..I haven't fed pellets since last September....they simply don't need them.

Radish
23-03-2010, 08:34 PM
posted twice:oops::lol:

Michelleox
23-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Mine have tons of hay, a bowl of various veg each in the morning and a few pellets each in the evening:) I've been giving them more fresh hay first thing in the morning before they have their breakfast, this way they eat even more hay as they are 'starving':roll::)

Lillian
23-03-2010, 08:59 PM

:lol: I love the banana bum wiggle!!!!!

beki
23-03-2010, 10:27 PM
mine get unlimited hay, a (large) handful of pellets between them in the morning and one at night and veg in the morning daily.

I would prefer to only give them pellets once a day but they always seem so hungry in the evening i have split it into 2 lots.

angeleyes
23-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Hay all day
handfull of pellets in the morn between 2 and small bunnuy bowl of mixed veg at night

indigo
23-03-2010, 10:58 PM
:lol: I love the banana bum wiggle!!!!!

it's hilarious!!! Tinks does it with strawberries as well :lol:

MopsyMops =]
23-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Loads of hay (which they eat all up!! :love:)
Handful of pellets in the morning and then sneaky ones in the daytime and night time.
And veggies/fruit in the eve.

happysaz133
23-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Just pellets in the morning, then veggies at night. Hay all the time.