• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often..

Grin

Wise Old Thumper
.....do you feed your bunnies?

My aunty said her friend feeds hers every other day.

My rabbit gets fed a fresh bowl every morning, has access to dried food throughout the day but eats mainly hay. He has access to food and water 24/7. He's not greedy and i dont often have to top his dish up. He's not fussy about what he eats in the bunny mix food - he eats it all. Including a side serving of carpet, wall paper, skirting boards, books and magazines - well - whatever he thinks is 'fair game'. :lol:

He's not overweight although he has grown since we had him (he was only 4 months old and we've had him 2 months). But am i feeding him too much?

Before he came to us he only had rabbit mix you buy from wilko's and never had anything fresh. Not sure about hay though.

Hay unlimited but other than that, twice a day. Fresh veg for breakfast then another bowl of fresh veg for tea (plus four pellets each :shock: - they're on a diet).

Last edited:
I've given him 2 bowls of veg some days (smaller bowls). Usually when i run out of his fave veg and nip out in the day to get more. He quite likes it. I may start doing smaller bowls for him and given them more often.

I thought i was doing something wrong.

Sometimes when he eats he gets hiccup type movements - is this 'bunny wind'? It was after spinach (he doesnt have it often btw).

Twice a day and hay all the time.
They have veg in the morning and pellets at night. Pipkin also has a few extra pellets in the afternoon at the moment to keep his weight on.

Sometimes when he eats he gets hiccup type movements - is this 'bunny wind'? It was after spinach (he doesnt have it often btw).

Is it like his side moving at his back end? If it is then it means he LOVES the food :)

plus four pellets each :shock: - they're on a diet).

I bet you're popular. :lol::lol::lol:

Alfie and Bubbles have an eggcupful of pellets in the morning and the same again in the evening, plus some veggies mid afternoon. Apart from that, it's hay all day. :D:D

mine get a bowl of pellets in the morning, and maybe a bit of banana, carrot, or cabbage. i top there hay up constantly and they get whateva suitable veg we are having for dinner. OH stupidly gave them cooked carrot after a roast last week, they were most disgusted. stupid boy.

my pairs NEW feeding routine.

hay - morning before work, top up at 6pm when i get home, top up at 11pm when i go to bed.

veg - less than 200g shared for breakfast

pellets - 20-25g shared of an evening. split into two. 6pm & 11pm

bramble leaves - every time i see the bunnies i give a small handfull to check Alvin is eating, so more of a weekend than in the week

fruit - Alvin non :cry: except when i need to get drugs into him and he then gets a tiny bit of mushed banana on a spoon. pearl gets a share too.
Pearl gets a tiny slice of apple daily with her bisolvn on at 6.30am (Alvin gets a fengichuk crunchy instead)
they both then get a fengi crunchy each to say sorry for the drugs.

this has been the diet for the last 3 weeks. the old one was lots of veg 2x daily :oops: fruit daily :oops: pellets when ever i saw them to check Alvin was still eating :oops:

Is it like his side moving at his back end? If it is then it means he LOVES the food :)

Oh yes! But he gets it when he has spinach and i read you shouldnt feed them this often but he goes loopy for it! I thought he was having little burps or something. :lol:

He really doesnt like fruit but i try him with a little bit every other day just in case.

morning - hay & veg
after work - hay
bedtime - hay & pellets

If I have something left over from my tea, they might get a bit of bedtime veg, but not that often & never a lot:D

Kentucky Fried Cardboard in the morning, Crispy Chilli Carpet in the afternoon
and Sofa Hut in the evening.

Breakfast - large carrier bag of hay for outsideys (4 med buns) a spring green leaf each, handfull of readigrass
Tea - more hay two handfulls of pellets between the four of them
Supper - large carrier bag of hay handfull of readigrass

Charlie doesn't eat much fruit/veg... The only things he'll eat are brocolli and carrot and I don't want him eating only that, so he has hay all day and pellets and some dried veg stuff on a night, just to make sure hes getting SOME form of greens :roll:

Pellets and herbs/watercress/spinach morning and evening plus 2 Blueberries and 2 grapes.

Veg in morning, a handful of pellets each for dinner, hay available all day...:)

Mine will only eat brocolli, cabbage, cauliflower leaves and carrot and apple and they are fine eating that each day. They only get apple every other day and thats a quarter each...

Back