• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

good luck pennybobs

pennypoos

Mama Doe
I have just taken my little penny to the vets to be spayed. I hope she will be ok, i lost her brother a few years back after having him neutered.:cry:
I just need to pop out to homebase, then when i get back im going to get her bed all ready for when she comes home. Iv got some towels and fleace for her to lay on, Iv bought a bowl for her water and iv got a hay rack for her hay.
I`v asked the vet nurse if she will be given any baytrill or pain meds, and she told me that she would be given something. I have to ring up at 2 oclock to find out what time i can bring her home. sending lots of vibes to my little penster xxxxxxxx hope you will be ok penny and don`t be scared :love::love::love:

Aww, don't worry! You're definately doing the right thing! Loads of vibes for a quick recovery.

Awww bless you its such a worrying time, ESPECIALLY if you lost a previous bun after he was neutered :(
She'll be fine though, probably very poorly for a day or so and wont want to eat alot. Just make sure she has loads of hay and keep trying to tempt her with her favourite things. I'd also put in a bowl of water if she usually has a bottle as sometimes they can feel to tired to go to the bottle. Also if u have a hot water bottle u might want to put one under her bed to keep her cosy as their thermoregulation is all over the place after a general anaesthetic.
Sending loads of healing vibes to your little lady xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww bless you its such a worrying time, ESPECIALLY if you lost a previous bun after he was neutered :(
She'll be fine though, probably very poorly for a day or so and wont want to eat alot. Just make sure she has loads of hay and keep trying to tempt her with her favourite things. I'd also put in a bowl of water if she usually has a bottle as sometimes they can feel to tired to go to the bottle. Also if u have a hot water bottle u might want to put one under her bed to keep her cosy as their thermoregulation is all over the place after a general anaesthetic.
Sending loads of healing vibes to your little lady xxxxxxxxxxxxx

loving the water bottle idea, i shall go out and purchase one when i go out in a min. I have a bowl for her water which i bought yesturday, and iv also bought penny her fave herbs to tempt her too eat for when she get`s home. she absolutely go crazey for basil. I only have to shout "penny basil" and she will come charging at me like a bull, and scoff the whole lot :lol: thanks for the vibes. i will let you know how she gets on later :)

Just had a phone call from the vets to say that penny has come round well from her op, but when a pre op check was done, the vet could feel a hard mass in her tummy. When the vet went on with the op she found some small tumoures in her tubes, she said they were only small, and must of only just began to grow in the last few weeks, due to the size and also because i took her to the vets four weeks ago where she had a thourough check and nothing abnormal was found. In a way i feel happy that i got her booked in for her spay when i did, but I also feel terribly guilty for not getting her done when she was first old enough. Fingers crossed the tumours haven`t spread.

penny is now home and looking very sorry for herself. All she has eaten is 1 basil leaf and a tiny sip of water out of her bowl. she has done some poo`s, so thats a good sighn. Im going to try tempt her with a little more basil and some parsley. Iv also been given some metacam to last 4 days and i have to take her back to the vets on friday for a check up.
Im a bit :censored: off with my mum, she phoned up earlier for a chat, and i told her about penny`s op and the tumours that the had vet found, and i told her that id put towels and fleace in her bed for her to lay on, and fleace in her litter try, she tutted and said "i think you are going a bit over the top" :evil::evil: why on earth is wanting to make your rabbit more comfortable after surgery OVER THE :censored: TOP ????
I also mentioned to my mum that she should take her dutch doe to the vets for a check up, because she is penny`s mum and she hasn`t been spayed, so it is highly likely that she could also have tumours. She refused and said she is not going to take her because she has to get the dog spayed. I think that the dog, that is only a few months old any way, could wait a little while to get done, and that she should put the health of her rabbit first. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!

Back