• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shunned!

Domino27

Mama Doe
I went away for a few days and left my little chubster with my parents in a spare hutch they have recently acquired. They cleaned it out and bunny friendly disinfected it, the last bun in there died of old age at 9 or 10 I think. Anyhoo, I came back and she was ok with me, immediately sat on my lap and flopped for 20mins, however once she remembered that I'd left her for a few days WELL...

She now runs away from me and sits with her back to me across the kitchen...I now have to wait til she runs like a mad man round the kitchen (bear in mind I don't chase after her, just stand in the middle..) and poops herself out before I can stroke her on her head and get to pick her up to put her away etc or get a cuddle. Last night at the parents she repeatedly stomped her feet when I stopped fussing over her and did a few grunts before hopping over to the single armchair and sitting there to watch tv. WHAT a madam, talk about hormones kicking in!!!!

Also made note to self, mum and dad clearly spoil her and she's got a right little belly on her now...

I'm back home today, I still got the same treatment (i.e sat with back to me etc) so I've been offering bits of celery leaves when she comes over to me as a way of appeasing her. I thought I had a pet rabbit not a child ;) silly little things...! :D

Rabbits can sulk and throw strops as good as any bloke you know:roll:

My two have just come back after a weekend at 'nan's'. You should have seen the evil looks i received when i went to collect them. I'm sure bun will get back into her routine with you soon x

Rabbits can sulk and throw strops as good as any bloke you know:roll:

My two have just come back after a weekend at 'nan's'. You should have seen the evil looks i received when i went to collect them. I'm sure bun will get back into her routine with you soon x

I'm sure she will, just needed a rant hahaha!

Back