• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Make the decision for me!! -Which option would be better??

Which would be better??

• A shared 7 x 5 shed (2.5 x 7ft each) with shared access to a 7 x 6 run

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • The sykes hutch/run combo 6 x 2 x 2 hutch with 7 x 6 run each

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

kaths101

Warren Veteran
:wave:
Ok so I am 99.9 certain i am going to stay with 2 pairs!! I have an area of 12 x 7 to fit in 2 pairs ..

Please see poll options!!!

Please help me - my OH is no good at all "oh just do what you want" :evil:

I change my mind every 2 seconds... :lol:

I prefer the shed option - more secure, easier to clean and I can get in there with them but then they wont have permenant access to a run all day - they would have to have half a day each and may lead to referred agression again

OR

This is the hutch / run combo - but putting an extension on the run - so will be a 7x 6 run and both pairs will have their own hutch and run!
http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=70

Edited - spider - I was creatiung the poll :lol: you were too quick!!
Also edited to say - they will also have plenty of free-range time.

Last edited:
I think probably the sykes combos. Bunnies get full time run access rather than alternating, plus I think 2.5ft width of shed could be harder than it sounds to clean etc as it would be very narrow for you inside.

Could you put a run on either side of the shed so both pairs have continual access?

I could - but it means I will have a big shed stuck in the middle of my patio instead of neatly tucked in the corner..my neighbours also look onto it so would prefer not to have a shed stuck in the middle :?
It is another option though :D

How about a large aviary divided in two, then with the hutches inside? That way you could maybe put a roof on or even some corrugated plastic to give more shelter for the buns and for you when you're in there with them?

How about a large aviary divided in two, then with the hutches inside? That way you could maybe put a roof on or even some corrugated plastic to give more shelter for the buns and for you when you're in there with them?

I like this option if it were possible:wave:

I'd say two combo's I think sharing a run is very likely to cause referred aggression, especially in a newly bonded pair. Plus then the buns can run around when they want to, even if it isn't their time in the run :)

Looks like the poll is split 50/50 :lol:

Good Idea - though they would have slightly less space? as before the hutch was on top of the run - I guess I could still raise the hutch off the floor so they have the floor space and I could make them some stairs or a ramp to it..
Yaaay thankyou - as I love the idea of walking in and room to sit with them :D

Aviary with hutch off the ground ... If you put wood at the bottom so that they cannot see each other the chance of referred agression will be reduced.

Good Idea - though they would have slightly less space? as before the hutch was on top of the run - I guess I could still raise the hutch off the floor so they have the floor space and I could make them some stairs or a ramp to it..
Yaaay thankyou - as I love the idea of walking in and room to sit with them :D

:D sounds great!

:wave: Are votes still required then Kath or have you decided on another option? I know whatever you choose they will be happy, spoilt bunnies :love:

Sounds like a good idea :D

Word of warning re the free range time. I had a few minor scuffles the other day as my foursome were out free ranging and could smell where A and E had been in their run:roll:

:oops::oops::oops:Oops! I voted for the shed option, but that was before I realised that access to the run would be limited, so I'd go for the 2nd option now.

Back