• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

weight problems what else can go wrong :(

yoshi&gizmo

Alpha Buck
:cry::cry: Hello again

I am at my wits end what to do with/ for gizmo and desperatly need some advice. I will keep this as brief as possible and pray someone can think of things that might help :cry:
Story starts 4wks ago....
1. Gizmo had to have incizers removed and slowly learnt to eat again. The vet was amazed at how well he was doing.... so were we :)
2. Gizmo goes for check up... weight 2.95kg he is a bit overweight :oops: so got to reduce pellets a bit. He has an irritated eye and nose from having teeth out so has a anti biotic, drops and cream. [vet pops in after work to see him. She is very caring :)]
3. Gizmo is still doing well with eatting but has bad diareha .... [ongoing stomach trouble since birth]... Vet sees him and is concerned... in a week he has gone from 2.95kg to 2.55kg :cry: Vet gives him Vitamin B jab and says up the pellets and only needs drops now.
4. Gizmo doesn't want to do anything. If we manage to get him out of his hutch he lays under the table but mainly even if we leave his hutch open all day he won't come out unless made to :cry:

His weight has gone down again from 2.55kg to 2.2kg.... in 4days. He seems to be eatting and drinking fine and pooing and no diareha so we are confused and scared. Please advise :cry::cry::cry:

Sorry I don't have any advice :oops: I'm sure someone with more experience will see this and be able to help you.
It's very worrying when you don't know what is wrong :(. I'm sending Gizmo lots of get better soon vibes!!!

Loads of vibes for Gizmo, it's really frightening when you don't know what's wrong. Are his lips and eyelids still pink? My story doesn't have a happy ending I'm afraid, but we hadn't noticed that Bobby had lost colour in his - he was severly anaemic and had lost a lot of weight in a few days. Please check, and take him back to vets if they don't look right. Fingers crossed for you.

well i spoke to the vet last night and she said it is either pain related or he is lonely :shock: And that we should get him a neutered female companion, as she could help groom him etc [he struggles without teeth]
But OH isn't to keen on the idea :cry: I just want Gizmo to be happy. And i am sure he does too but we already have 2 bunnies and he doesn't want any more :cry:
I really don't know what to do

Back