• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding.....help advice needed!

lauramc888

Warren Scout
I have just gotten a gorgeous wee bunny Bugsy to try and bond with pepper. Bugsy was neutered about 10 days ago, and Pepper spayed years ago.

I have put them in a small dog pen, and while Bugsy is happy just trying to hump Pepper, she is going for him, tail up peeing and jobbying everywhere, and making this weird grunting noise, sounds like hard to breathe.She even went for me, and this is so unlike her.

I feel that this maybe isnt going to be a match made but wondered what others thought. When they first got put together in a cage before his neutering, they were ok together, Pepper let busgy hump her and she humped him, thats why we thought bond would work.

I feel sad, I dont want to get too attatched to Bugsy incase I have to give him back to the woman I got him off (shes a foster for a rescue)

10 days inm afraid isnt long enough, you need a few weeks for hormones to settle first :)

there isnt any chance of an accident, Pepper was spayed about 3 years ago :lol:

I know you say about the hormones settling down but its Pepper who is the one who is just not happy, not bugsy who was just neutered?

Back