• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about the spring moult

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Hi guys,
Just wondering how the rest of you handle the spring moult and change in temperature? Im particularly paranoid about Timmy because this is his first proper moult and he has had stasis before. I'm grooming him regularly (lucky for me he loves it!) and giving him a small chunk of fresh pineapple twice a week to prevent fur balls. Ive also slightly reduced their pellets to encourage even more hay gorging and am solely giving them herbs and leaves for their veg. Is there any other advise you can give me to ensure I keep my buns happy and healthy during the moult?

I'm abit over anxious now the temps changing alot as I think it was due to the sudden drop in temp over winter that may have brought on Timmys stasis when he had it. It's got really mild here recently (the temp here varies between summer and winter quite drastically) and Im worried about how the change in temp will affect my buns. As they live indoors I can atleast try and ensure that the change isnt too sudden but it is undoubtedly alot warmer now than a few weeks ago. They have plenty of fresh water available which i change twice daily. Any other advise?

Hope everybuns well
xxx

Back