• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

unusual behavior

Stufi

Alpha Buck
My girls went in to get spayed today, still waiting from the vets to know when to pick them up. Pinky and Womble have been playing up for the last two days.
I was away and my OH was looking after them. At first we thought it was a bit of dominance (every so often womble will chase pinky away and there was the bits of pinkys hair in the cage). They are house buns and we put pinky away so she could get some time to herself without being harassed by womble. Then she started pulling clumps of her own hair and looked distressed not being with womble so we put them back together. They were fine but pinky been burrowing/scratching/chewing my curtains/driving mummy and daddy nuts ever since (the curtains is a first!). Womble hasnt shown this behavior.

Has anyone experienced this before? I asked the vet and she said she didnt know. Pinky hasnt got any patches missing and I thought it might be a mixture of Spring hormones, nesting, getting rid of winter coat? They are our first bunnies so we are still learning :) :oops:

How old are they? I would assume hormones tbh - & it should calm down a bit about 6weeks after spay:D

I agree that it sounds hormonal/ spring fever! All my bunnies have been going a bit loopy the last few weeks. A good few weeks post spay and they should settle again. Are they being spayed/recovering together?

Yep. i could have got them done sooner, but I wanted to get them done together, so that they were easier to handle after the op, rather than one bun going na na nana na! to the one on bedrest ;)

transporting them today was a nightmare! My OH took my car to work so i had to get a taxi. Pinky refused to go in the cardboard box carrier i had so i had to put her in the dog cage. Womble was in another carboard box carrier then started chewing a big hole whilst i was in the taxi. she almost escaped!

so i put them back together in the dog cage, which meant i had to buy another one so i could transport them back in separate cages after the op :roll:

Mummy was getting stressed and didnt want the little ones to see, not before their op. The taxi came early and i ended up at the RSPCA early so I had to wait 25mins for them to open. In all the commotion i forgot my phone and left the blanket to shield them from the noisy traffic as the cage is see through. I thought i was going to get told off by the pet people! oh well its all a learning curve :lol:

I cant wait for them to calm down a bit tbh, as i always say, "mummy will always love you, but that does not mean mummy always likes you..." :lol:

Back