• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angry lovers??!!

Hi, I have rescued two rabbits from the same litter a spayed male and female rabbit about 5 months ago. Until last November they were living in poor conditions seperated by their mean old owner.:cry:
They now live with one another, they groom eachother, try and have a little bunny love and they seem fine. Havent ever seen any fighting or biting and seem quite happy. However now and again when I clean their hutch out there are big bundles of fur in clumps mixed in with the hay! I cant tell which one the fur is from as they are both white and grey and both have alot of fur because I think they are cross lion head rabbits!
Does anyone know, as I am new to the rabbit scene if they just do this from time to time or if its something I should worry about?! They seem quite happy in eachothers company but as they both are quite shy because of their past I dont want to make them unhappy!
Would really appreciate advice! Thanks :roll:

Hi, :wave:

So they're both definitely spayed (did you get them done or were you told that)?
I don't know for sure (I'm sure someone else will come along in a minute) but I was wondering if the female is nesting (they pluck fur from themselves and mix it with hay as a bedding).

I have a male/female neutered pair and Bob will sometimes give Olive a small little tug to remind her who is boss......perhaps one of them is trying to be dominant? Is there a lot of fur? Have you seen any sort of fighting?

Well done for rescuing them. Lucky buns.:)

Angry lovers!

Thanks so much for replying and sorry for delay..new to site! I got the male neutered (Gary) but didnt get the female done (Cheryl) as they recommended this at the vets. Never seen them fighting if anything they are all over eachother cleaning and snuggling up which is lovely as before apparently they used to fight.
I think it must be some form of nesting bless her..its all mixed in with the hay so hopefully its that. Will always keep an eye on them though.
Cheers for your response !!

;)

sounds like the female is making a nest.
I am suprised a vet recommend you not to have the girly spayed, as there is an 80% risk of her developing uterine cancer if she is never spayed...
I would find another vet who seems a bit more knowledgeable.

xx

Back