• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting Smudge spayed...

K1nS

Warren Scout
I want to get her spayed asap really, I know it can cause alot of problems in female buns if you don't get them spayed so I deffinatly want to aviod that. I was wondering when I should get her done? She is 4 months old now, is that too young?

Mine are 5 1/2 months and in fact just gone in today for the snip! I was told by the rspca (which is where ive got them done - and are really reasonable in price!) that you can get them done from 16 weeks, but depending on the breed of your rabbit eg. I have womble a lion lop and pinky an albino lop. Womble is quite small in size and I was told by others on here that it can be quite hard to find their bits if they are small. Hope this helps :)

Fi x

Is smudge quite small then? It sounds like a good age to get her done. I could have got them done a few weeks ago, but they didnt have any spaces when i was available. If you know her approx weight, its no harm giving the vets a ring, then they would be able to advise you further :)

4 months should be fine. I rang my vets and asked their advice. My bunny is male and it cost £60. His bits were small but it was easy enough for them to do and he was absolutely fine afterwards.

Good luck to your bunnies! ;)

i think Females can be spayed 4-6 months old.
i would contact your vets and ask about prices and ages etc, they will be able to give you more information about it :wave:

females (does) can be speyed from anywhere 4-6months, some vets prefer to wait until 6months, soo its best checking with your vets, and preferably a bunny savy vet :wave:

Back