• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Australian Backyard Birds

Lobo

Mama Doe
A few photos of some of the birds that frequent our backyard.

Kookaburras

DSCF0790CR.jpg

Crimson Rosellas

DSCF1111CR.jpg

DSCF1116CR.jpg

DSCF1122CR.jpg

Female King Parrot

DSCF1106CR.jpg

DSCF1115CR.jpg

Male King Parrot

DSCF1113CR.jpg

DSCF1114CR.jpg

Gorgeous, I'm surprised you ever get anything done!
I'd spend all day bird watching.
Closet twitcher alert here :lol:

Wow, they're looovely :love:
It must be great to just look out of the window and see those.

I have budgies in my garden. But uh... in an aviary :oops:

Fab pictures.
I love watching the birds in my garden. The most colourfull bird that has been in my garden was a red and white woodpecker.

We enjoy having these birds visiting but there is a caveat, they like to start singing and calling each other from 6am and it is loud. Worse next week when daylight savings ends they will be up at 5am!:lol:

The whole of the Blue Mountains where we live is a national park which helps in having a diversity of native wildlife.

We enjoy having these birds visiting but there is a caveat, they like to start singing and calling each other from 6am and it is loud. Worse next week when daylight savings ends they will be up at 5am!:lol:

The whole of the Blue Mountains where we live is a national park which helps in having a diversity of native wildlife.

i can sympathize with that...my parents neighbour has a huge aviary in thair garden with a pair of scarlet macaws that regularly join in the dawn chorus .....beautiful birds...but wow the volume that they are capable of!:shock:

they also have a flock of racing pigeons that sit 'cooing' on our roof...oh did i mention the chickens...and the rooster?....

its a good job no one in our family is a nightowl:lol:

i can sympathize with that...my parents neighbour has a huge aviary in thair garden with a pair of scarlet macaws that regularly join in the dawn chorus .....beautiful birds...but wow the volume that they are capable of!:shock:

they also have a flock of racing pigeons that sit 'cooing' on our roof...oh did i mention the chickens...and the rooster?....

its a good job no one in our family is a nightowl:lol:

It's funny you mention an owl. Several years ago we had a Tawny Frogmouth Owl living in a tree about 2 meters from the bedroom window. Lovely bird, but it liked to give us a news update every 30 minutes or so, all through the night.:)

Back