• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having a bad time bonding! UD post 39 - Good news!!

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Ok, so as some of you know Vikki (Vikkivet) has dropped her 3 babies off today while shes away on a placement for me to bond :shock:

Ive sat in the pen with them for a good hour, and all seemed fine. Phoenix has let Kylo hump her, and theyre getting on well. Indi is causing the problems :( Everytime Kylo goes near her shes up on her back legs boxing him and scratching his eyes! Ive just split a fight up between them and have had a massive chunk taken out my finger which i cant seem to stop bleeding :? All bandaged up now!

Ive put them back together and Phoenix and Indi are sitting together, Kylo is the opposite end of the pen.

Its a small space, im using 5 panels of a puppy pen. All they have is a water bowl (which has been split 3 times!) and a big pile of obxow hay! Theyre sharing the hay fine... its just Indi/Kylo im worried about :(

Please send me tons of vibes! Im a nervous wreck at the best of times!! :lol:

Last edited:
How long have you got them for?

I personally would let them have a day to settle from their journey before bonding. Its obviously not going well at the moment.

Last edited:
How long have you got them for?

I personally would let them have a day to settle from their journey and change before bonding. Its obviously not going well at the moment.

Ive got them for 3 weeks... problem is if i seperate them the pair will need to stay in the puppy pen and Kylo in a dog crate... but then ive got no where neutral to re-start :? Hence why i started it straight away.

I only have a 1 bed bungalow and ive a house rabbit of my own whos in the kitchen :(

Sounds simaliar to how Tiny was everytime Lyric moved he boxed her and a fight broke out:( Your braver than me!!!!!!

Sounds like you have your work cut out, rexes can be temperamental at the best of times so I don't envy you bonding 3 of them.

I am starting a bonding again tomorrow so will be thinking of you. I just hope this one is an easy one after doing nutmeg and onslow. They are both elderly so hopefully they will just look at each other and think I can't be bothered to fight :lol:

Sounds like you have your work cut out, rexes can be temperamental at the best of times so I don't envy you bonding 3 of them.
I am starting a bonding again tomorrow so will be thinking of you. I just hope this one is an easy one after doing nutmeg and onslow. They are both elderly so hopefully they will just look at each other and think I can't be bothered to fight :lol:

Why didnt you tell me this before Liz?? :lol::lol: The thing is Indi is the laid back bun out of the pair of girls!!

Phoenix is now sat with Kylo :? I feel a long night coming on... i dont think theyre that bad that i need to split them yet. If they do fight badly again i will seperate :)

Phoenix is grooming Kylo!!!! :love:

I think if Indi would just let Kylo hump her, it would all be ok :?

Awwwh :love: Good luck with that Liz :)

Kylo looks really sad :? Im not sure if thats his normal look though... he kinda looks like a grumpy old man xXx

That's a normal Kylo look he never looks very happy just grumpy.

Good luck for tonight, I'll come over tomorrow even if it's just to sit and keep you company.

That's a normal Kylo look he never looks very happy just grumpy.

Good luck for tonight, I'll come over tomorrow even if it's just to sit and keep you company.

Thank you so much Vicky! I think you'll be coming to help me :?

Just had a major chase again because Kylo went near Indi and she goes crazy... ive a feeling they'll be split before the end of today :?

I dont want to risk any bun being hurt :( Its ashame as Phoenix really does love them both.

Lots & lots of "sort out who's top rabbit without fighting it out" wishes.
:roll: Bunnies & their status issues. :roll:

Theyve just shared a big pile of veg now i have 1 bun in each corner ignoring each other :roll:

Whas worrying me is Indi is starting to lunge at Phoenix too :( If the worst comes Kylo will have to be taken out and the girls rebonded :(

Oh no! Hope everythings going ok now?

I can come up one night this week if it's any help?

Come on bunnies! Behave for becky please!

They have just been seperated :cry: Had a major fight, 3 bunnies boxing isnt good! They were all on their back legs, like boxing :(

Ive put Phoenix and Indi in a large indoor pen, and Kylo is in the puppy pen. Phoenix and Indi are still fighting even though Kylo is now moved away :(

I will attempt it again in a few days when i have a helper! My finger is killing and i have a very bad headache! xXx

Back