• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should i adopt her?????

I'm off on holiday next week and i'm gonna miss my buns and guinea pigs sooo much! So i had to find places or them to stay.

Jasper is going to his *Aunty Abigail's house" He's going with his hutch, run, food, hay and all his toys!!

But Tink, Mischief and the guinea pigs are going to my aunty who lives up the road. I went up there today to get their hutches ready. My aunty used to have 20 rabbits but now she only has 2 girls left. Living in hutches all by themselves. :cry: I felt really sorry for them. Yes the hutches are massive! 6 foot! :D But all it is is a hutch! :? No run, no toys and they aren't spayed either. One of them she hates cos she bites, i suggested getting her spayed, but my Aunty said "I'm not spending me money on THAT!" The poor things looked bored, coudn't even see each other and all they did was drink water from thier water bottle to stay entertained. :(

I am taking Tink and Mischief's run up and i chose the big hutch for them in case they don't go out. (she has 2 dogs that aren't used to rabbits and the hutches are in the shed) I chose the..... 12 FOOT HUTCH!! They will love it!! The guineas in a 6 foot though-still massive for them!! I don't understand why my aunties buns aren't in one of the 12 foot hutches- she does have 2!. Probably cos it's too much hassle to clean out. :roll:

I can't be mad at the woman though, she loves *1* of her buns and she doesn't neglect them and she offered mine a place to stay, i just feel sorry for her bored 2. I am gonna go out and buy loads of toys for her buns and pretend they are my spare ones.

I was thinking of getting a rescue bun for Jasper as his friend (at summer time) but now i'm thinking of adopting my aunty's moody bun, that's if she'll let me. My aunty won't get her spayed and she doesn't get a run and they have no toys... so basically i will be rescuing a bun! So should i help this bun, she's a dutch lady so is perfect for Jasper?! And she has no name. :( I hope if i do get her that they bond!

Last edited:
I think asking your auntie if she would like you to take her on is great.
Seeing as she doesnt really 'like' her i dont see why she would reject the offer.

12ft hutch?! wow those are hugeee!!

She sounds like she looks after her rabbits well, apart from not getting much exercise and being bored.
Maybe you should tell her the importance of exercise, she should get a run for her rabbits to have a run around in for a while, during the day, it will also help keep the dogs away from the buns too, being in a run so the dogs cant get to them.

I think asking your auntie if she would like you to take her on is great.
Seeing as she doesnt really 'like' her i dont see why she would reject the offer.

12ft hutch?! wow those are hugeee!!

She sounds like she looks after her rabbits well, apart from not getting much exercise and being bored.
Maybe you should tell her the importance of exercise, she should get a run for her rabbits to have a run around in for a while, during the day, it will also help keep the dogs away from the buns too, being in a run so the dogs cant get to them.

Well she has 6 foot hucthes stacked on top of each other but the top and bottom ones are joined together to make the 12 foot one. :D I don't see why she doesn't use them though! :roll: The buns just sit there staring into space. Today she said "They need cleaning out." she looked in the hutch and went "I can't be bothered" I was like :shock:

I don't think she'll get a run though, she doesn't see the point as her hutches are big. :roll:

But yeah, i'd love to take on miss moody who has no name. :) I will name her, get her spayed, give her company, exercise and toys! I just can't take on the other one, she is 8 years old and very bony! Also, my aunty loves her.

So sorry I abandoned this thread! :oops: But I decided not to ask my auntie for "moody bun" in case I offended her by asking. :? But as some of you may know, both Poppy's who were going to be Jasper's girl friends past away due to bloat. :cry: So I'm still in the process of finding Jasper a bunny friend. I spoke to my Auntie Gill today and she said she'd email Bev (the auntie who owns the bunny) and ask her if I can have one of her rabbits! My auntie Bev oldest rabbit passed away :cry: - the one she liked! :roll:So know she just has "moody rabbit" (in her words) left. My Auntie Gill is going to pretend she doesn't know Bev only has one rabbit left and ask if she has any that she doesn't want, she'll probably say I have one and I don't want her! Hopefully, I will be able to rescue her. :D Oh and her hutch may be long but it isn't even big enough for her to stand up in. :cry: And as she doesn't have a run, I bet she has back problems or something. :cry:

oh bless the poor little bunny! I do hope you can get her out of there and give her a chance to binky & stand up!:(:shock:
Praying your aunt says you can have her....keep us updated....:)

I'm sure if she thinks she's doing you a favour by giving you the 'moody bun' then all will be AOK & you will have a done a great rescue without your Aunt even realising it!
Hope it all works out & Jasper fall in love :)

I CAN HAVE HER!!!!! :D:D:D I can get her out of that hutch and finally let her play out for the first time in years!!!! :D Poor girl deserves better and she's gonna get it! And Jasper will have a well deserved friend! :love:

She's here!!! :love: and......

Oh my gosh she is gorgeous!!!! :love: Pics are on the way! :D She is so tame and has let me cuddle her for ages, no aggression what so ever. :? Her claws were sooooo long though. :cry: I held her whilst my mum cut them but we are going to take her to vets on saturday to get her checked over, clip claws a bit more, book spay etc. She could hardly walk because her nails were digging into the ground. :( Shes already met Jasper. :) He loves her but they are not together for definite yet as they still need to bond properly and she is quite frightened of him when he goes behind her although they have kissed ;) bless her. She's all snug in her hutch now and she's going to play out in the run for the first time tomorrow. :D Poor baby needed rescuing and it turns out she's actually 2!

Back