• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I hate this sort of thing!

Kylie541

Warren Veteran
This sort of thing really grates me. Just read this as part of a convo on FB! Firstly I hate pets being refered to as an 'it' and secondly never scratches and allows the boys to do anything! I don't think kids should have any pet. You having a pet your kids help with is totally different.

'I personally am not too keen on guinea pigs for younger children, but my older children loved them.

My recommendation would be for a giant rabbit. My daughter bought me one last year (a giant french lop) and it is fantastic, very placid and easy to handle, it never nips or scratches and allows the boys to do anything. If it gets fed up it finds a corner and sleeps or goes back to it's cage. Mine is toilet trained as well and will go back to it's cage to do it's business. I can't say enough wonderful things about it as a pet for young and over excitable children'.

i only use 'it' when i forget what sex my animals are (i dont know why i forget the only male pet i have is Sebby :roll: )

but yes all young and over excitable children should get a delicate rabbit :?

The only time I refer to a pet being 'it' is when I haven't got a clue what gender it (lol) is but I do think how she is refering to her poor bunny is horrible. How would people like it if we just go around refering to them as it :shock:

Back