• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got any P@H horror stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I'm thinking of launching a bit of a media assault on P@H's "easter deal" and need a few more P@H horror stories to get a general picture for the journalists I'm going to send the info to.

Anyone got any accounts of where P@H have fallen short on health and welfare standards? I was thinking it would be very easily tied in with the story of the poor bunny burnt in its hutch which was run in the Sun and the Daily Mail last week, especially if we can raise awareness of some people's lack of respect for buns.

So give me your stories/accounts if you have any and I'll compile them and send them off to my contacts at the tabloids. Can't guarantee it will happen but we can at least try.

janes pet shop 6, a few of us actually saw these buns in store with there mother, who died in store, If she wishes to share that story,

Not so much a horror story but TWO of my friends bought hamsters from P@H (the same store) and BOTH were told their hamsters were girls and BOTH were then sexed as.... MALE. Duh.

Also, I was in a store one day looking at the buns and a lady was enquiring about one and the store person went to grab it for them and the lady wanted to know what gender it was so the lady (while stood upright) turned the bun on its back and then dropped it..... :shock: The bun lay there for a second on its back (probably in shock) and then went and hid.... the lady said "I better not have that one there".

It was gone by the next time I went, I hope someone bought it and nothing bad happened :(

I was in a store in Wales and the gps and bunnies were together, I had to drag a store person over because one of the gps was dripping in blood and had shredded ears, they said they couldnt take him out because they had nowhere else for it to go.... :( (It had either been bullied by a bun or another pig)

My mate bought a rabbit from P@H a few years back and SPECIFICALLY asked for a dwarf or one that wouldnt grow too big. She got one, was meant to be a female but again, it was a male and he grew and grew and grew until it was quite obvious he wasnt a dwarf or even a medium size! He was a smaller version of teds mums Ted... so I think he was a frenchie cross :shock: He died after 6 months, suddenly. No idea what happened :(

Ummmm

I dont think I have any more.

I have abit of a horror story.

Last year I wanted a bunny so bad and we went to our local P@H in Swansea to find one. I managed to get one and she was gorgeous! Had her for around a week and noticed that one of her back legs was really swollen. Phoned P@H and explained everything, they told me to take her to their vets in store and they would cover all vet fees as we only had her for a while (which I thought was nice of them) the vet then said there wasnt anything wrong but gave her anti biotics just incase. Over the next week she got even worse, her fur was coming off her leg and looked like there was a massive hole there! We phoned them up and explained, they asked if she was eating and drinking okay, she was so they said it doesn't sound like anything was wrong so we left it at that (that was probably abit silly on my part also but I was new to having a bun so didn't have a clue and thought coz the vet said it was nothing to worry about I left it) A few days later she was due to go back in just for a check up and see how her leg was getting on. That day she had to be put to rest. We had her two weeks only, the vet said she had picked something up from the store when she was there which I thought was disgusting! They then offered me a full refund for her and even offered me another bun. I told them no way, theres no chance after that would I trust getting animals off them again!

As for this easter thing, I think its terrible! Parents will be buying these because they are cheap for their children and they will be poorly looked after in most cases. Theres a massive thing saying that a dogs for life, not just for xmas.... why isn't it the same for bunnies? :censored::censored::censored:

I'm afraid you can cause all sorts of problems to the forum with threads like these, please can I remind you to abide by the forum rules Form rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back