• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding blues

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
Started bonding Moo & Liquorice yesterday with Georgie Pudding. I put them together abuot 11am yesterday and left them together all day & all night. All was fine until this morning aroud 10am when Moo who had just been licking Georgie suddenly locked onto him! They were rolling about, and she had her claws dug into him! I seperated them and took him downstairs for a while. I have put them back together and all is well again.

Does this sound like bad news? I've never bonded before, so din't know what to expect.

what about when I go to work. Should I seperate them?

when are you going to work?
Is there someone who could checkup on the buns?

If you are really unsure about leaving them alone, then i would seperate them and then do the bonding when you are home, that way you will be able to stop any fights etc like before. Do you have a weekend off or a couple of days off which you could do the bonding?

I will be going to work tomorrow unless I can book it as a day off. I will be back at work def Tuesday though!

I will be going to work tomorrow unless I can book it as a day off. I will be back at work def Tuesday though!

well if the rest of today and tonight go well together then im sure they will be ok. By tomorrow you will know whether you should split them up while your at work or not. :)

Personally (and I'm the chief wuss at bonding :oops: ) I wouldn't contemplate leaving them unattended in the first few days so think that you need to leave it until you can keep an eye on them for a length of time. A friend is bonding a trio at the moment and it looked all peachy and calm for a while then kicked off later, giving her a sleepless night :oops::(. I dread to think what might have happened if she hadn't been so attentive.

Back