• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shes bored :(

K1nS

Warren Scout
Smudge seems to be very bored in her hutch :( When she is let out in our spare room she runs around loads and seems like she is having alot of fun. The only problem is, I can't leave her in there 24/7 so unfortunatly she has to go back in her hutch throughout the day. She always seems to just sit in the same spot unless shes eating or drinking. I put loo roll tubes in there for her which she nibbles away at and she has a wooden chew toy on her door along with another little toy to nibble on. How can I make it better for her? I know the obv answer is to get her a bunny friend but I still need to work on OH for that :(

why cant you let her out?
How about buying a run/pen?
that way she can be out all the time and have space to run, hop and play?

Smudge seems to be very bored in her hutch :( When she is let out in our spare room she runs around loads and seems like she is having alot of fun. The only problem is, I can't leave her in there 24/7 so unfortunatly she has to go back in her hutch throughout the day. She always seems to just sit in the same spot unless shes eating or drinking. I put loo roll tubes in there for her which she nibbles away at and she has a wooden chew toy on her door along with another little toy to nibble on. How can I make it better for her? I know the obv answer is to get her a bunny friend but I still need to work on OH for that :(

Yep, that is the answer I'm afraid! Why not just get another bun and see if he notices? men aren't very observant! ;):lol:

Lilvicky, my OH gets annoyed when she is in the spare room too much because she bangs around loads :( Shes in the spare room the majority of the day though so its not all that bad. The hutch we have for her is really small im afraid, its roughly 4ft wide and 1.5 ft tall ish, not great I know but i'm saving up to get her a better home :)

Hoppit, I wish it was that easy! I'll keep nagging him, i'm sure he will give it then just to shut me up haha ;)

Lilvicky, my OH gets annoyed when she is in the spare room too much because she bangs around loads :( Shes in the spare room the majority of the day though so its not all that bad. The hutch we have for her is really small im afraid, its roughly 4ft wide and 1.5 ft tall ish, not great I know but i'm saving up to get her a better home :)

Hoppit, I wish it was that easy! I'll keep nagging him, i'm sure he will give it then just to shut me up haha ;)

Its good that you are saving up for a bigger hutch, maybe after you have a bigger hutch you could get her a friend, if your o/h agrees!
She needs lots of exercise, which is why she might be bond sitting in a hutch.
you could try getting a few toys for her, but she wont be happy until she is out of that hutch again! :roll: :lol:
Once they taste that freedom, they dont want to give it up :lol:
so all i can say is let her out as much as you can and your o/h will have to put up with her banging :lol: :lol: its what comes with having pets ;)

Its good that you are saving up for a bigger hutch, maybe after you have a bigger hutch you could get her a friend, if your o/h agrees!
She needs lots of exercise, which is why she might be bond sitting in a hutch.
you could try getting a few toys for her, but she wont be happy until she is out of that hutch again! :roll: :lol:
Once they taste that freedom, they dont want to give it up :lol:
so all i can say is let her out as much as you can and your o/h will have to put up with her banging :lol: :lol: its what comes with having pets ;)

Yeah I keep telling him lol, he still gets annoyed though :( When I have my days off though, she is up in the spare room nearly all day and I won't let him put her away haha

Back