• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Australian Bluetongue Skink Babies

Lobo

Mama Doe
These little blue tongue skinks were born in our backyard late last week and are 1-2 days old. They are live born and totally independent from that time.

The sub-species is Highland Blotched (Tiliqua Nigrolutea). Beautiful skinks and we love having them around our yard.

The thermometer is 9.5cms.

DSCF1346R.jpg

DSCF1351CR.jpg

DSCF1356CR.jpg

DSCF1336C.jpg

Wow you guys have such interesting creatures over the ditch!
Great photos too. How many in the litter? Not sure if litter is the correct terminology?

Oh they are gorgeous:love: To say I am jealous that you have them as wild animals is a bit of an understatement:lol:

I am lucky if I get to see a Slow Worm or Grass Snake, never a lizard though:(

Oh they are gorgeous:love: To say I am jealous that you have them as wild animals is a bit of an understatement:lol:

I'm jealous too! :oops::oops:
They are so cute! :love::love::love::love::love:
Thank you for sharing.:D

Wow you guys have such interesting creatures over the ditch!
Great photos too. How many in the litter? Not sure if litter is the correct terminology?

Some call them a litter whilst others say clutch, I'm not sure which is correct but there are usually about 8 or 9.

I am a bit biased as I have three of them as pets. I never considered have a reptile as a pet until 2 years ago when I got 2 as rescues and a year later a third, also a rescue. I find them quite gentle in nature and although they can inflict a painful bite neither my OH or myself have been bitten. The 3 we have are about 45cms long and weight between 550 and 650gms. The babies would have been around 40gms.

This photo is of their mum about a week and a half before giving birth.

DSCF1314R.jpg

We get a bit of wildlife in our yard as we live in a National Park so I will try to post pictures of some of the birds.

Aww Blue Tongues! :love:

I remember following them around when I was little! I love them.

...I miss home now :cry:

A slow worm is a lizard:D

The skinks are lovely, what big healthy looking babies they are. It's amazing how tame some lizards can become especially things like blue-tongues and beardies.:)

Back