• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies and stress..

skippersmom

Warren Scout
Hey all,
I just got skippers nails clipped today. Took him into the local vets to get it done, i think the car ride spooked him a lot. When we got home i put him in his run and hes just ...sitting there.. Normally he binkies around and sniffs and tosses things about... i feel like i scared him ! Is this normal behaviour for a bun who gets stressed out? how can we as owners help a stressed out bun?

i feel so bad :( hes just sitting beside me right now! i want him to play!

Make sure you give him lots of attention and nose rubs, keep telling him that everything is alright.
Try tempting him with special foods that he enjoys.
Buns do get stressed out quite easily bless them.

aw my poor bun it took him a while to start to play, once i sat in the run with him he got excited and ran around a little. lots of head rubs and stuff.
although trying to get him back in his cage for the night was a nightmare lol. he does not want to be picked up anymore! i wouldnt either if i were him.

is there anyway to make travel less stressful for bunnies?? Im going to be moving out of my moms house by the end of this year. Im kind of scared to make the move, cause once i get my own house - hes going to be free range. i think that might be stressful for him too.

It was once suggested to us to make regular small trips, starting about 10 minuites then progressing to longer trips to get them relaxed and realise that not every trip will result in going to the vets so they fear travel less.
We decided against it because Jims just HATES the car journey so we only take him in the car when we absouluty HAVE to.
When it comes to moving you will need to start off small, allowing limited acess at first one room at a time otherwise he may be over whelmed.

makes me feel lucky - bart just doesn't care about going into the box, the car, or the vets! he'll come home and then trash the place as usual :lol:

Back