• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor bunnies found on main road

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Had a call today from someone. Her friend found two bunnies on a grass verge on a main road. There was a third, but he unfortunately had already been killed on the road.

They are apparently friendly, and lop eared.
They will be coming in next Saturday (naughty I know :oops:)
Unfortunately, no other nearby rescues have any space for at least a month.

I'll update the thread when they get here with pics/sexes. But they seem in good health, I am told.

I know what you mean Erin, it sickened me that people could do this.
They are currently in the womans stable (with the top half of door meshed for protection against foxes) however she rents her stables out and that stable is tecnically meant to have a new occupant soon!

She said they must have been loved at some point as they come running over to her for food when she goes to check them

They are currently in the womans stable (with the top half of door meshed for protection against foxes) however she rents her stables out and that stable is tecnically meant to have a new occupant soon!

She said they must have been loved at some point as they come running over to her for food when she goes to check them

Thank god they were found.

Binky free to the 3rd bunny :cry:

Too sad :cry:
At least they are safe now :)

Awwww, I am seriously tempted to offer to foster, as I loved it last time, and I know ur not meant to be taking on anymore...but we only really have space for ickle nethies :(

binkie free ickle third bunny....tho I have a feeling he'll be happier at rainbow bridge than he was with the :censored: of an owner who set him free :roll:

I've been told they are quite small ;)

And it will stop oh's current rant about taking in more regardless of consequence :oops::lol:

I will find out their breed/sex etc on the Saturday. I think she said one is white and black, and one is brown.

Unfortunately there was a cardboard box found a little bit away from them, which indicates they were put there. Plus this main road is apparently long, so I would doubt they would have got down it as far as the woman stated. :(

Poor bunnies :(

Glad they have been rescued.
You will take good care of them :)

I dont see how people can just dump their animals :cry:
Breaks my heart everytime.
i could never see myself parting with my pets :(

Looking forward to seeing photos of them, they sound lovely :love:

Last edited:
What a horrible thing to do - poor bun :cry::cry::evil:

Really glad that the others have been found and saved though.. x

Oh that is so sad! Nothing humans do shocks me anymore.

God bless you for taking them in, and god bless the kind woman who's caring for them in the meantime.

Those bunnies have 2 guardian angels.

xx

Back