PDA

View Full Version : Poor bunnies found on main road

Starlight
20-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Had a call today from someone. Her friend found two bunnies on a grass verge on a main road. There was a third, but he unfortunately had already been killed on the road.

They are apparently friendly, and lop eared.
They will be coming in next Saturday (naughty I know :oops:)
Unfortunately, no other nearby rescues have any space for at least a month.

I'll update the thread when they get here with pics/sexes. But they seem in good health, I am told.

Hoppit!
20-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Just why, seriously...?!! :evil:

helgalush
20-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Oh how sad. Sad to hear that one had been killed.
So glad you are able to rescue the others.

Buuny_Friend
20-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Oh Kris, that's just awful!

Some people still manage to shock me :(

Tuckerbunnies
20-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Poor bunny that was killed on the road but so glad the other two are now safe.

Starlight
20-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I know what you mean Erin, it sickened me that people could do this.
They are currently in the womans stable (with the top half of door meshed for protection against foxes) however she rents her stables out and that stable is tecnically meant to have a new occupant soon!

She said they must have been loved at some point as they come running over to her for food when she goes to check them

Buuny_Friend
20-03-2010, 11:01 PM
They are currently in the womans stable (with the top half of door meshed for protection against foxes) however she rents her stables out and that stable is tecnically meant to have a new occupant soon!

She said they must have been loved at some point as they come running over to her for food when she goes to check them

Thank god they were found.

Binky free to the 3rd bunny :cry:

helgalush
20-03-2010, 11:01 PM

Too sad :cry:
At least they are safe now :)

Lib_n_bunny
20-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Awwww, I am seriously tempted to offer to foster, as I loved it last time, and I know ur not meant to be taking on anymore...but we only really have space for ickle nethies :(

binkie free ickle third bunny....tho I have a feeling he'll be happier at rainbow bridge than he was with the :censored: of an owner who set him free :roll:

Starlight
21-03-2010, 01:26 AM
I've been told they are quite small ;)

And it will stop oh's current rant about taking in more regardless of consequence :oops::lol:

I will find out their breed/sex etc on the Saturday. I think she said one is white and black, and one is brown.

kaths101
21-03-2010, 01:29 AM
awwww :cry:

Horrible people dumping them like that :evil::evil:

Lib_n_bunny
21-03-2010, 01:41 AM
I've been told they are quite small ;)

And it will stop oh's current rant about taking in more regardless of consequence :oops::lol:

I will find out their breed/sex etc on the Saturday. I think she said one is white and black, and one is brown.

Yeah might set my OH off tho :roll::lol:

beckyM
21-03-2010, 03:19 AM
Seeing as their friendly do think they could be escapees who have owners looking for them?

Starlight
21-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Unfortunately there was a cardboard box found a little bit away from them, which indicates they were put there. Plus this main road is apparently long, so I would doubt they would have got down it as far as the woman stated. :(

LilVicky
21-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Poor bunnies :(

Glad they have been rescued.
You will take good care of them :)

I dont see how people can just dump their animals :cry:
Breaks my heart everytime.
i could never see myself parting with my pets :(

Looking forward to seeing photos of them, they sound lovely :love:

bridget
21-03-2010, 08:00 PM
What a horrible thing to do - poor bun :cry::cry::evil:

Really glad that the others have been found and saved though.. x

aussiebun
22-03-2010, 03:17 AM
Oh that is so sad! Nothing humans do shocks me anymore.

God bless you for taking them in, and god bless the kind woman who's caring for them in the meantime.

Those bunnies have 2 guardian angels.

xx

MissMinnie
22-03-2010, 08:00 AM
What scumbags to abandon animals like that. So sad that one of them hasn't made it.