• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hair pulling.

Nancy Drew

Young Bun
Ok I'm posting this where ever I can think, I have two rabbits, both are English, and both have been great together, a while ago though I noticed that the male had pulled the females whiskers out, I assumed that this was over grooming or something, I split them up, and then re-bonded them, this was fine, there was no problems for a while, although the other day I woke up to find that he had pulled a load of hair from her face, so I split them up that day, now both are in serparate areas while I am not there too watch them, but they have been together while I am there, and they are living side by side, when they are together they will binky, groom each other, and will both flop aswell, so they are as bonded as ever, so I don't think that its a sign of problems with thier relationship, and as she has no cuts or anything on her I'm taking that as another sign that they are still ok together, so I'm stumped, oh and there has also been evidence that he is eating the hair too.

So has anyone heard of this before? And any ideas on how to solve it? I have added some pics of the female as well, and they are still split up until I have some grasp as to whats happening.

SDC18124.JPG

SDC18104.JPG

SDC18071.JPG

ETA they live in my room, and were in a 4X8 ft area, with time out in the morning and evenings, the male is starting a bit of jumping too, and they have toys, and are fed burgess, don't know if that will help or not though.

And she was also fine the night before, and was like this when I woke up, so this was done in one night.

Last edited:
Back