• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch advice

obicat

Young Bun
My bunnies currently live inside but I'm having to move into shared accomodation and they will have to go outside. Its this or rehome them :( They currently have a small dogcrate and an attached pen thats 2metres by 1.2metres ish. What size hutch do I ned to be looking at? And where can I get one from? Funds are at an all time low, but I want them to have the best accomodation that I can afford.

They'll need a 6 foot hutch with an attached run. Or have you considered a shed? You can get a 6x4 shed for not too much which would give more space than a hutch and often it works out cheaper to get a shed

I dont think my landlady will go for a shed. I've seen 6ft hutches and they seem very small compared to what they are used to :( I've seen chicken coop/rabbit hutches on ebay but cant judge how big they are in real life?

If you're quite handy and can do some building works yourself (with funds being tight) I'd say go for a shed and build an enclosure on the front.
If not I'd recommend a minimum 6x2x2 hutch with a 6x6 permanent run attached.

I dont think my landlady will go for a shed. I've seen 6ft hutches and they seem very small compared to what they are used to :( I've seen chicken coop/rabbit hutches on ebay but cant judge how big they are in real life?

Ask her! It can't do any harm to ask. :)

I already pushed it by asking if they could come! :( The agreement is they have to go on the patio which isnt really big enough for a shed and run. I'm hoping I can get a big hutch and then once shes fallen in love with them :love: a separate run so they can have access to grass.

I'm actually quite excited about them being able to go outside, the little one has never been outside since she was born. I just want to make sure they have the biggest feasible cage.

Could you not fit a hutch/run combo on the patio area. Something like this perhaps
6x2hutchwithrun.jpg

Possibly, but the patio is long and thin, hence why the coop thingies on ebay look like they would fit better. They are longer but not as deep. The whole thing is a bit of a ngihtmare and I feel terribly guilty about it all :( I was going to rehome them but they are my babies :love:

Back