• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grass

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hiya

Milly & Molly are on hay all year round now for Molly's hocks. However, each year they go to boarding for a week, where they go out onto a grass run each day. Their ground there is not very hard and last year actually helped Molly's hocks heal a little bit, so I'm not too worried about her hocks. It's more than they wouldn't have been on grass for a year and I worry that they'll go a bit mad and eat far too much. I'm going to wean them onto grass once it starts growing, so they'll get used to larger amounts over the next few months, until they are eating quite a sizeable amount when they go for boarding. is this good enough, or should I say that they can't go out onto the grass for the whole week? also, how much grass should i get them eating before they go to boarding?

I think theres only a problem if they go from "no grass" to "some grass" so starting them off on little bits now and building up to more will be fine for them. Obviously stop feeding it if it gives them any upsets.

Yep, if they eat veg I don't see why there'd be any probs. Grass is just fresh hay, after all. :)

They don't get veg. I always build their grass intake up every year for the summer, and there's never been a problem with it. It'll be given to them in a bowl until boarding, it's just they might go a bit bananas with having grass beneath their feet. :lol:

Back