• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big Ask

rambo_barbie

Warren Scout
Without getting out the tiny violins I have just split from my fiance of almost eight years in the most horrendus circumstances, and am swinging between sobbing, despair and total numbness. I won't go into it, because I feel like c**p as it is... but suffice to say I have a very good friend I could really do with seeing at the moment.

Except my friend is 300 miles away and I have to make sure Dexter is okay. Does anyone know of someone that could babysit my giant houserabbit for a week? I work in Bournemouth, so someone locally? He's litter trained, doesnt chew etc but can be a bit, shall we say, dominant. He's my baby, a year old today. Not really sure how it happened, but my friends seem to be our mutual friends, most of which I have now lost because they were his friends from school. All the people in my life whom I would trust to rabbit sit seem to have dogs etc that would either hurt him, or most probably, he would try to eat them! (I guess I prefer anuimal people)

Anyone have any ideas? I just think I could do with some time to get all the tears out and not have to put a brave face on at work etc.. sure this is normal after something like this, but it really does hurt :cry:

Is there a vet nurse at your vets who would bunny sit? sometimes they do.
There may be pet sitters in your yellow pages though difficult without personal recommendations. Hope someone on here can help-sue:wave:

i'm sorry to hear about everything :(

If you were closer to me I would have had him in a shot! However, you might have got an empty carrier back... I would see if there is a boarding place locally that can take him on, or even a vet nurse as sdf76 said!

Or even saying that, someone on here.... HES A GIANT PAPILLON GUYS! cmon, thats gotta make some people jump to the offer now :p

Thanks guys :oops:

He came over tody and moved some of his stuff out. I've been sobbing mosyt of the day. he left my engagement ring. sais I should sell it. I cant even look at it. I sound like im whinging and I hate that I jyst feel so empty and lost. Hoping the tequila will help...

Nic has said she's free at the weekend, and he's coming back sunday for the rest of his stuff so I could really do with being in wales. My dad's girlfirneds daughter is insisting on dragging me out friday night but i havent been out for the night in a long long time. Im terrified, scared, numb... not sure what i'm feeling. Just feel so lost. How does anyone cope with this? I called the samaritans at 3am in floods of tears, driving the car i just think about forgetting to break.... its so silly i need to get a grip, just dont know when this feeling will end. and thats how eight years of loving someone very very much has ended. i dont know how i will ever live with that, and believe me, there is so much more i just can't say on here.

Need to get out of here for a bit before i implode. :cry:

Last edited:
Oh no. I'm so, so sorry you're in this situation. I'm afraid I can't help with the bun, being so far away, but I'm sure you'll find someone who will. This is not the end of the world, although it must seem like it now. It WILL get better, but in the meantime we're all here for you if you ever need to talk. *Massive hugs*

thank you...:love: i know it will get better somewhen, this morning i felt strong, but now im back to sobbing. its pathetic.

I wish I was nearer to you :( :(

Dont think you are whinging (realise how that sounds a bit forceful but I mean it in the kindest way). I cried my eyes out when I split from my boyfriend of 4 months!!! So I can only imagine how you feel. I have a mood disorder so also know about crying and depression, so can give you some rays of hope in that front as things will be tough but I think you will be okay :) :)**HUGS** Pm if you want to chat xxx

You will have up days and down days..sometimes even up hours and down hours. it's all part of the process i'm afraid. Me and mt hubby split for a period of time over a year ago and it is so hard i know how you feel. I actually did the ending but even so it was like i'd lost my left arm. He was devastated to say the least and i would imagine from what i know and what he's told me since then that you are feeling pretty much the same as he did.
Try to keep busy,don't shut yourself away (which is what i did) but cry whenever you need to. It will get easier i promise,i know how much it hurts though,it is like a physical pain in the pit of your stomach :cry:
Pm me if you need to talk or just let anything out, i don't think you are whingeing xxx

thank you so much guys... the friendly words mean more than i can ever say. I have no one i can talk to because i built my life around him. My dad has been great, but he's getting married... i cant say half of what i want to to him, so i bottle it up and drink tequila, up till 3am because i cant sleep etc... its just so pathetic. it ended in the most hideous way, it wouldn't be appropriate to talk about it here, but im still in shock and it just hurts so so much.

it was me that ended it, but i had some very good reasons and it was the best decision for us both despite the fact that i knew it would hurt... i just didnt expect this. i will never be able to tell him the real reason for ending it, but he must have known something was wrong and yet i was always the one who had to be strong and make the decision. it wouldn't have been fair on either of us to have carried on.

i miss him terribly, know there is no going back and the only way he would go is if i told him i didn't love him. so i did. that's the only lie i ever told him, and by god, it cuts the deepest. he's epileptic... and you can guess what happened. i will never ever be able to live with the guilt of knowing i caused that. such a mess.

I don't think its fair to say that you causing, what I presume you are getting at, is a fit? Because even if it was because you said something to him, I don't think you could have caused it soley **hugs**

i know, and my dad says thats the way his body deals with stress... ive seen him have so many over the years, and cared for him through all of them because hes the only man i have ever loved. we were planning our future together, and when i say the above its not an exaggeration. i had a crush on him at school when i was just 12, we got together when i was 17 and im 25 this year... all i have ever known is him. whether i am or not, i feel responsible because the stress i caused, even if it was for the right reasons hurt the man i loved, and still love very much. i will feel responsible and guilty for that for the rest of my life. i cant remember the last thing i said to him and i will never get the chance to even say goodbye. im guess im feeling sad because i feel alone for the first time, and its such a loss.

Are you 100% sure there is no going back? it sounds like he really loves you too.
We gave it another go and our circumstances were horrendous,it's been a year now but slowly we're getting there. No magic cure just slowly but surely xx

Back