• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone for a cheeky Dutchie!

Starlight

Warren Veteran
I had a call around 2-3 weeks ago, about an abandoned rabbit.
Said rabbit was meant to have been found in a cardboard box by the rubbish on a housing estate. It was pouring with rain at this time, and the woman said she could not take it into her flat... worried it would get out of the box once soaked, I instantly started trying to contact people who could get the bunny.

After two hours, I got in contact with a fosterer who could pick bun up.
It took her 25 minutes to get in contact with the womans sister, who had "taken the bun in her house" for me to be told they wanted to keep him :roll: (nice for them to tell me while I was flapping around like a headless chicken!)

One week later, I got a call at 9:30pm "He is evil, nasty, viscious, he is lunging, biting, boxing I want him gone now, can you pick him up first thing in the morning, I do not want my kids being bitten by it" It took me a week to get suitable transport and a space here for him, but bearing in mind every time I called all I got was a headache from her kids shouting and screaming, I don't blame anything for being a bit mad!

My fosterer picked him up Thursday and said as soon as he was out of the house, he flopped out in the car for the whole journey!
She said he is very friendly, very curious, LOVES a nose rub, and not so much as a growl from him!

He is very hormonal as he is entire, but is a typical cheeky little black/White dutchie!! There is no way he was this beast she made out!
His nails were atrocious. I cut about 2 inches from both front and back feet. He must have been so uncomfortable.

We need names! Cheeky names! No pictures just yet, I will get some next Friday when I am home (Mum is on bun duty and does not know how to use my camera :lol:)

He sounds lovely!! :love:
Cant wait to see photos of this cheeky bun :love:

goodluck with naming him, i am very bad with names! :lol:

Edit - How about Cheeky Charlie?

Last edited:
Ohh I like Jack :)
Used to ride a little black pony called Jack who was a little terror!
(He kicked me though - cheeky sod)

So glad he is with you now.

Its hard without a picture to offer names (need pics....:D - too impatient to wait!:lol:)

Domino
Lucky
Roger
Jim
Mung Bean (!)
Patrick
Pob (OH's suggestion -sorry!)
Hobnob

Helen

Ooh I like Jigsaw!

Jake is the name of someone who once stalked me, so don't think I'll use that one! :lol:

Not sure on Patrick, however I think Paddy is a cute alternative :love:

Back