• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boys vs Girls

Are boy buns cuddlier than girls?

• Total voters

weeble

As my rabbit numbers have slowly increased (4 was the max and I am now up to 6 :oops:) I have noticed that the boys are generally more affectionate and easy to handle than the girls. They all come from different backgrounds and have had different starts in life.

Just wondered if anyone else has this or do I just have soppy boys?

Last edited:
I think it depends on the bun.
Pie is VERY cuddly, and loves getting hugs and human attention. Where as our friend who has a male is VERY aloof and not at all bothered with hugs, nose rubs etc.

And saying that when I had a male and female together afew years ago, Ebony the male was very affectionate whereas Misty the female couldnt of cared less if she never saw people again! So long as she had food! :lol: (Thats a french lop for you! :roll: )

Oggie is a big wimp but loves you to talk to him and have a noserub where as Delly is much more independant however once she is in a strange place she will often sit next to me to gain her confidance.
So for mine, I'd say both.

My bridge bun Mopsy loved a noserub and cuddles. :love:

Depends on the bun, definitly.

I've had 4 females and 1 male. All of the females (even the 2 that started off as aggresive rescue bunnies) have turned into real cuddle-buns, whereas the male, whilst friendly and will come up to you to see what you're doing, generally doesn't like being touched if he can help it :lol:

Both my boys have been very affectionate and cuddly, where both my girls have been more independent and their interest in me hasn't gone much further than being fed :lol:

But I think its down to each bunny and their personality rather than if they are a girl or boy

Only one who LOVES cuddles is Oliver and when he doesn't get them enough he starts to dig and nip you, Pancakes and Daisy love cuddles and don't get aggresive when you stop!

I don't like boy buns, I find them very smelly :p so I have only ever had 2, I didn't find them any more or less cuddly than the girls. So I think it depends on them.

I voted it depends on the bun.

4 weeks ago I would have voted "boys" as Homer is the only one to have ever been a cuddle bun. He loves to lick me :love::love::love:

Now we are fostering Cassie, she really does love company and a good stroke. Although she is very easy to handle she is not used to sitting on my knee but the other night she started to relax and lick my sweatshirt.:love: That is why I changed my vote to depends on the bun.:D

My other two girls were/are not "people" buns, they are more bun buns. :lol:

Oscar isn't a cuddle bun AT ALL and he hates being touched, handled or whatever. However, extremely happy to take food out of my hand! :lol: Noisette on the other hand LOVES having her head stroked, played with and having a massive fuss over her! :love:

Oliver is a bit more of a fuss pot than Ebbie. I think she makes up for it though in the intelligence league :lol:

I've voted depends on the bunnies although with my pair and bunnies I have kept in the past it depends on their mood.

Sometimes Cassie will sit for ages for a fuss/attention, other times she is busy doing something important such as eating hay or emptying contents of her litter tray. Oakley is the same although he prefers making as noise as he can to emptying litter trays so not much difference between them :)

on my vast experience of two

Pearl is deffo cuddlier... Alvin is on somesort of antihuman campaign.

he did let me fuss him for all of 2 mins earlier tho.. im honoured :lol::lol:

Littlebun would be cuddled all day, last night i fell asleep in bed mid-stroking her! my hand was on her back and she still never moved!
Dumps loves a fuss but not being picked up you have to go down to him :roll:
Stew HATES to be fussed/touched/picked up....she is the most scaredy thing ever! except when she is eating food out of your hand!

Back