• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Artie refused his supper last night :(

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I spent all yesterday evening searching the Net 'til I was exhausted (obsessive trait!) so didn't go to bed until 12.30 am, at which point I fed the bunnies. Artie had been cuddly all evening but he did feel kind of funny, ?tense, I'm not sure. Anyhow, he normally wolfs down his spring greens but he just ignored it, and the apple with Furosemide and his piece of bread with Metacam :? Even if he wasn't hungry he would have had his bread :cry::cry: He didn't particularly look in pain but didn't want his food. I got a syringe of metacam to give him but he just ran away from me and hid ... so I gave him a heatpad and put the heater on, got out the inflatable mattress and camped down next to him, fully expecting an early morning hike to the vets....

Anyhow (after re-inflating the mattress twice!) I heard a noise at 2.16am and the little guy dashed out from his hideaway and started tucking into his greens, followed by his bread and apple, looking happy and well as he did it :love: At 4.20 am I saw him eating his Excel so I decided I could get some sleep in a proper bed :lol::love::love: This morning I was greated by a buzzing bunny running back and forth. :love::love::love:

I had been feeling really guilty that I hadn't left him on Tuesday to have his bladder expressed but as yet I don't know if there's a connection ... time will tell. :?

Last edited:
:love::love:

Thanks guy, I can't believe how bright he is now, I'd convinced myself he was seriously ill in the early hours :oops::oops:

I'm glad it all turned out well. :) I keep thinking Alfie's gone off his food but I think I just keep interrupting his sleeping pattern. :oops:

Back