• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Patrick...Abandoned

Lobo

Mama Doe
This little fellow was abandoned by his family when they returned to the UK. As they were leaving they told the owner of the property that there was a rabbit in a hutch in the backyard. The property owners asked us if we would take him as they knew little about caring for him.

He is not a young rabbit and we didn't even know his name, but as he came to us on St. Patrick's Day it seemed that he should be named Patrick, or Paddy. His fur has been hacked with scissors by the original family, probably to help remove signs of neglect, but he is getting over his initial nervousness and I even managed to score a little bunny kiss on the nose on the second day.

He has an appointment with the bunny vet next Thursday for a check up. We didn't want to take him any earlier to avoid some stress as it is a 40 minute trip each way. I have a few concerns about his rear legs, they seem either under developed or wasted, or possibly even arthritic. I don't think he has ever been allowed much exercise as he was confined to a fairly small leaking hutch, which may also be a contributing factor. Weaning him off alfalfa hay onto timothy and meadow is challenging, although he is starting to eat some Oxbow pellets.

DSCF1326.jpg

DSCF1327.jpg

DSCF1332R.jpg

DSCF1333CR.jpg

DSCF1335R.jpg

DSCF1330R.jpg

Oww, Norm, he's lovely :love:
So glad he will get to live out his days with you in a loving, knowledgeable bunny home. Best wishes with getting him on track, I'm sure he will flourish with you.

He's gorgeous and I'm so pleased he has landed on his paws. Please keep us updated on is progress :wave:

Back