• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are there any Flemish Giants out there in RU?

KB

Mama Doe
Sorry everyone but just a random query!
Here in NZ the only giant breed bun we have are the Flemish Giants.
I so love seeing RU members pics of their giant buns because I've never seen these breeds here.
So that got me thinking I'd never heard or seen mention of Flemish Giants on RU - so does anyone have one?

Do you mean the Flemish we get in the UK (Steel Grey colour only) or the American one (Various colours) ?

They come in a variety of colours here, so I guess they must be originally from the US. Golden seems to be the most common though.
It was really just idle curiosity. They do come into the rescue quite often as they seem unfortunately to be allowed to stray & are surrendered for the same reasons as other smaller buns.

I think your flemish are similar to our british or continental giants (can't remember which sorry), and there are loads on here :)

Here is one of the Flemish we had in the shelter a couple of years ago. She was the only one I can recall in this colour. Think she easily weighed over 5kg but I can't really remember. She had a fab personality & was found loose in town by the side of the road!
Her ears & the shape of her face seem to differ from the British & Conti giants so I think you may have hit the nail on the head Demismith with your suggestion that ours are like the American Flemish. Thanks for helping to satisfy my curiosity :)

BIGRABBIT2.jpg

DSC00957.jpg

I havn't got any big pictures of my big bun, but my little avatar is Lady giant bun.I will see if i can get a better pic up.:D.

Back