• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another failed bonding for Marnie :-(

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Marnie has been on her own for most of the time since her previous partner Dixie died last year. I briefly bonded her with Turbo, but she was still chasing and biting him after being together for a couple of months so I split them up.

Tried her with Jack tonight, but after a couple of minutes of ignoring she ran straight up and grabbed his nose...and wouldn't let go! :shock: I knew pulling them wasn't the way to go because she'd tear his nose, so I could only hold them both stationary until she decided to let go about 2 minutes later!

There isn't any blood on Jack's nose, he just has a runny nose now...I'll keep a close eye on him because rabbit bites can look like nothing and end up turning nasty.

Grrr, so pee'd off now...I'm not sure I'd try bonding her again after that show :evil:

Oh no; I'd have been in a right flap. I'm sorry it didn't work out. :( Poor Jack too, I hope he's ok.

Thats such a shame.

I have had a few bunnies that have lost their long term partners and just will not bond with another rabbit:( I guess they are like people in that respect :?

Jack's top lip is a bit swollen this morning, but otherwise he seems fine :D

Sue...Marnie is a Dutch like Martha, so I wonder if the pitbull act is a breed thing?

Back