• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice about a neutered single bun

starla

New Kit
My netherland dwarf bun lost his wife last week :(

He has always been a bit of a 'growler' he seems to warn me off if I put food in his cage, I guess he is kind of protecting his territory, and as I can still pick him up and give him a cuddle, I don't mind too much.

However, since his wife died he's been extra aggressive, and when I went to put my hand in his cage to move some hay, he lunged, bit me and basically went to attack me!

I was considering finding him a girlfriend, but if he is being aggressive I don't think it's a good idea :(

Can anyone offer some tips on trying to relax him a bit more, also does everyone else think it's a bad idea to get him a girlfriend?

I am no expert but maybe he is more aggressive because he feels more vunerable and lonely on his own. I would definately get him a new friend. I am sorry your other bun died.

Poor boy :(

I'm sure he will accept a new girl if you make sure you bond on completely neutral territory :)

maybe he is moody i know my sister 10yrs old rabbit thumper he isnt neutured but he do get days where he will use his font feet or push her away buit its isnt like everyday its about once a month only when he upset but i cant help with that sorry i hope he calms down for u.

thanks guys :)

he seems a bit more relaxed this evening but I am still not sure on the friend side of things, he's 5 and had been with his wife since he was neutered years ago. I am worried he might not like a new bun

Back