• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stressed :(

zoe6660

Warren Scout
what can i do? basicaly i got my 2 male french lop neutured 3 weeks ago or 4 weeks need to check and i feel they not going to bond sammy has changed but fudge hasnt and im upset coz sammy has clamed down btu he keeps scraming me my neck was bad the other day when next door was saying about getting his kids a rabbit and mine goes and scrams my neck bad this isnt the 1st time and i never had this problem before with my other bunny bambi and fudge isnt like him he will go in his hutch when i tell him and i had sammy 1st i feel i cant do anything with him and i dont have that extra time to get him to a cuddly bunny he should be. i know this sounds sad but is there anyone out there who wants to take sammy on do u have a female bunny thats been done so i can try and bond her with fudge and someone bond sammy with a bunny i cant keep getting sramed like this its upseting.

What do you mean by scramed? :oops:

Have you actually tried a proper bond yet,i.e. in neutral space in a confined area?

I wouldn't give up yet, you could see if you can find a rescue or someone experienced to try to bond them for you. Also if you are saying one of them hurts your nexk somehow then maybe you just have to accept that he isn't a cuddly bunny and just pick him up briefly to check him over etc, but otherwise spend time on the floor with him if he likes that. Some bunnies just aren't bothered about contact with people but can still be happy and well cared for.

We had Emily and Muffin living side by side for 2 weeks and it still took another 2 weeks to bond them after that, allowing them to spend a few mins with each other.

It does take time and its stressful for us but oh, so worth it in the end.

Keep trying and good luck

Angela

i got to pick him up to put him in his hutch and to let him out and he hurts me all the time but fudge my other french lop dont kick me at all and starting to upset me coz i dont have time to stop him doing this. i let my bunnies to it they get daily care and let out but i got to let them out one at a time and i got to watch them coz the house im living in isnt seucer and any dog or cat can get in.

im frigthen coz they large bunnies that if i bond them they will hurt eachother, and id ont have anywhere to bond them do i do it in the garden? i dont have a good resuce and also i got a feeling fudge is domance over his hutch stil.

Yes they will be territorial over their own hutches. What do you plan for them to live in once bonded? Is it something new that neither has been in before? If not it will need a thorough clean - I think white vinegar is good for getting rid of their smells.

I wouldn't bond outside as you'll need to keep a close eye on them, and it could take days. Have you got a puppy pen or something to use? If you say where you are, people might know of nearby rescues to help bond. Try searching bonding on here for loads of good tips :)

Re the scratching, a lot of rabbits will scrabble about when picked up. Once held securely many calm down. Can you not let him jump out of the hutch himself? Or put a carrier in for him to learn to climb in himself, then you can move him in that to wherever he's going for his exercise? They soon learn a routine so he will probably jump in easily after a few days :)

Why do I have a funny feeling about this thread? :?

Think I'll bow out but hope you can get things sorted if this is a genuine problem.

they both in a double hutch and he on top so no he cant :( and therer is loads of cats around i did buy a play pen for puppies for them but its too small :( i was gutted when i spent that much on something that wasnt worth it but i stay outside with them for them to run, i feel bad coz i know they need more than that im giving them its very hard coz its two seprate bunnies, when i was living at home they would be out each half the day but i cant do it here now.

Why do I have a funny feeling about this thread? :?

Think I'll bow out but hope you can get things sorted if this is a genuine problem.

what do u mean a funny feeling im asking for advice i have tryed things and its not happen i need advice from people who own rabbits not pet shops.

I would allow anouther 4-5 weeks to allow hormones to settle. Keep them completely separate until then, then rebond on completely neutral territory

I would allow anouther 4-5 weeks to allow hormones to settle. Keep them completely separate until then, then rebond on completely neutral territory
i havnt bonded them yet but i dont know where to do this would a kitchen be okay?

i havnt bonded them yet but i dont know where to do this would a kitchen be okay?

If it's neutral & they are ok to stay there for a few hours/days (time it takes varies), then yes

If there are rescues local to you, they may help for a donation:D

Back