• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered male wanted North East/Newcastle

molly35

Mama Doe
I am still looking for a neutered male for my lionhead female. Yes I have already tried all the local rescues. There must be 1 boy out there who wants to come and live with us.

Don't know if you saw on your other thread I suggested NRSA and Pipkin's rabbit rescue in case you weren't aware of them. Pipkin webiste is not up to date so I would try the lady direct. NRSA definitely have some single males but I'm not sure if they're already neutered - there's a lovely black mini lop on their website :love:

Also farplace sanctuary in county durham have some males I think.

I've been in contact with Michelle at Pawz and with NRSA (black lop is house bunny, mine lives outside) and just emailed Pipkin though I have been checking their website. Fell in love with a bunny in Solihull but I have to try and get my other half to make a trip down there (his parents don't live too far away), just worried in case the bonding doesn't work out if I get one from so far away.

Fingers crossed for Pipkin, website is way out of date so hopefully she'll have something :)

Also Farplace have an up-to-date website with a few singles on at the moment.

I've just emailed them thanks, I didn't know they existed. Unfortunately I noticed they have horses to rehome as well - oh if only I had more time and money!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock:

Just bumping this up. I can't believe with all the buns needing homes that there isn't any males up here, now of course if it was a female I wanted............

Already been to the dog and cat shelter, they are all females!!! There was a lovely grey one that if Molly had of got on with I would have taken but they wouldn't let me take Molly to the shelter or bring the other rabbit home for half an hour and they had the cheek to say if I wanted to take a rabbit that I would have to bring my vacc docs in although they do not vacc their rabbits or neuter them! I have a good loving home waiting here so I really cant see why I couldnt take Molly there to see if they got on especially as she is fully vaccinated.

Farplace - all pairs or females apart from 1

Honestly if it was anyone else I'd be killing myself laughing

LOL my other half is called randy, not sure if he'd take offence at having a bun with the same name as him. Love Bolt but again its the distance to drive with my toddler in the car

The house bunnies can be made outdoor buns once the warmer weather comes in unless theres reasons behind them needing to be kept inside :) rescues would place indoors in cold weather if the rabbit hasnt been housed outside before as the sudden temp change can harm them so they would obviously advise indoor housing for now.

they wouldnt bond straight away anyways so you would need a seperate cage/hutch until they get on 100% as bonding will need done outside the hutch first in a neutral place then slowley introduce him into the hutch as your girl may be territorial so may not take to another bun being in her house straight away.

good luck in finding a bun hun

Deffo try pipkins! I adopted my little man Fletcher from them, and the lady was lovley and so helpful through the adoption process! She still drops me emails now and again to see how hes doing :love:
Also keep in touch with NRSA aswell...another fab group of people ;) Im fostering one of there single females :love:

Back