• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at Home Easter Bunny Offer... LET'S KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
I have a close contact at one of the Pets at Home stores who has just informed me that, over the easter period, customers will be able to buy a rabbit, a hutch and 'everything a rabbit could need'

ALL FOR £80!!!

I cannot believe this! I have to admit that this particular Pets at Home are pretty good and the girl who told me is devastated but they are going ahead with it as the big people at the top have decided that's what every store should do.

:censored:

Last edited:
That's very sad to hear if it's true. :( Our local one had no bunnies for sale at all last easter but I don't know if was just coincidence that they had no 'stock' or intentional.

Like Lou said though, I wonder what hutch you would get for that price - the ones suitable for buns are £100 plus aren't they, just for a hutch alone?

Probably rheir smallest one, which I think is 4 foot?? :( And most of the P@H are medium to large size buns (when they grow up)

:shock:

i called into my local one this morning (why oh why do i do that:() and there was a lovely boy up for adoption who must be kept on his own. he'd got some wounds on his ears:( i wanted to ask if he'd been neutered but really didn't feel up to waiting whilst the staff finished chatting to each other:?

Probably rheir smallest one, which I think is 4 foot?? :( And most of the P@H are medium to large size buns (when they grow up)

Yeah, I just looked online - they advertise a 4ft hutch as a guinea pig or rabbit home. I thought they'd changed that so that just the larger hutches were for rabbits. :?

Pets at Home should put a BAN on buying buns over the easter period and support the make mine chocolate campaign and actually sell chocolate rabbits in their store............

Oh no, that's really not good :(

I've never been into a P@H as I don't support pet shops selling animals ... and also probably couldn't be trusted to emerge without a creature in tow :oops:

I know some people on the forum really support them, but if they are going down an Easter promotion road that involves the cheapest, smallest hutches etc, they can't possibly be seen as a responsible pet shop!

That's disgusting. I thought they were aiming to be more responsible?!

Looking at their site, they're also selling a 3ft x 2ft rabbit run. That's not big enough for an average bun to even turn around in!! :evil::evil::evil:

That's disgusting. I thought they were aiming to be more responsible?!

Looking at their site, they're also selling a 3ft x 2ft rabbit run. That's not big enough for an average bun to even turn around in!! :evil::evil::evil:

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

WHAT?????

i've emailed the address given on their website, asking them not to encourage irresponsible pet ownership. enough emails might make a difference.

i've emailed the address given on their website, asking them not to encourage irresponsible pet ownership. enough emails might make a difference.

It's definately worth it. How does one get up a petition, does anyone know?

I have just called them

They will be selling an indoor cage, the 100 variety with food, wood shavings a bottle and a bowl with a bunny for £80.

The offer has been sent out to shops today.

Apparently, all staff will be told to be extra vigillant and have been trained to explain to potential buyers about the buns needs to get out for exercise every day and will be encouraged to buy a run. This offer will only be available to anyone buying just one rabbit and only for small breeds.

They would still be encouraging people to buy 2 and if they did, they would not be able to take this offer.

I explained that we would be hoping for them not to sell any buns over the easter period as we would be having an influx into the rescues afterwards.

I was told that the staff would refuse a sale if they felt at all uncomfortable that the buyer will not be responsible.

The customer service number is available on line to anyone who would like to express their views on this.

At least its an indoor offer only so I guess less people will buy it. Im still not happy about it at all though.

MASSIVE step backwards! :censored: Finally they get some decent info and education to the staff, encourage to buy in pairs, get bigger hutches, explain the dangers of putting rabbits out in winter.....then go BACKWARDS by encouraging people to buy a single rabbit, put it in an inappropriate cage with no run, on unsuitable bedding and for Easter! What a bunch on numnuts!!!!

Back